Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl v8 commodore
You can find some times on the Victorian supersprint championship page http://www.vssc.com.au/home/results-2017/
Not necessarily a great guide though as there is no indication of modifications. My brother appears in many of the results with dedicated race cars (Datsun 1600, Honda Civic) and also at times road cars (Nissan Pulsar, Nissan S14) over the years. Point being, looking at the results, you wouldn't know the cars spec.

class A is for road registered cars on street tyres
4 is for engines over 4000cc
please look at the times in class A4
you will notice a vf11 with times of 1.54 which is on par for a stock redline
you can gather by the times set by the other cars in A4 that 2.02 for GTSR on racing slicks is not the correct time
my point is the best way to do track days is through joining a club,such as piarc.
its entry level, plenty of help given to new comers, free lessons one on one in your car on how to drive the track.
and above all proper timing, i bet eternity dre would have been under 2 minutes for sure.
you can even watch a stock toyota eco do a 2.06 on youtube

LMF 17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSVR
Local dealer still has one MSE and a Director for sale, could be there for a while as they want $89,990 for either. Be interesting to see how long they sit there for.

Redline16

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII SSV Redline Manual
Local dealer still has one MSE and a Director for sale, could be there for a while as they want $89,990 for either. Be interesting to see how long they sit there for.
I really don't get arrogant dealers like that. Surely its costing them money having those cars sitting on the floor as time goes on!

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
just greedy bastards

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Today, on an unrelated matter, i had a dealer principle tell me with a stright face that they only charged RRP for their LE vehicles. Yes, he said that with a straight face while a LE model was sitting in the showroom with $74000 drive away price on the windscreen.

Just to put that into perspective, that's - somewhat $4k-$5k more than RRP + delivery + onroad charges.

+1 for greedy bastards

RTSV6UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director build number 332..."CALDIR"
Hi all

Treated my Director to a quick wash and a wax today. Enjoy the pics.

Regards,

RTSV6UTE

right hand rear.JPG

front.JPG
View attachment 198361

Last edited:

Andrew Moon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Magnum
From the link, regarding Directors:
"Then it was a sizeable drop to the other two colours, with Phantom Black next at 43 or 11.9 per cent of the production, coming ahead of the rarest colour – for the third time in a row – Nitrate Silver with 43 units produced at 11.9 per cent."

Hmm... with the figures given, the reasoning that Phantom comes ahead of Nitrate seems a bit off

There numbers are wrong that’s why the Nitrate build number is 38 10.6% of the total 360.

LS1SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline.1970 Dodge R/T Challenger 440 six pack.
Saw an auto demo SME in a Holden show room today No 355 $75990,still up there.

LMF 17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSVR
Coming back to Ballarat today from Geelong in a work Camry, got to a passing lane and had an SUV and a VF in front of me SUV passed the VF and I hooked out to do the same. Thought to myself nice car SOG Calais V, then seen the bold lettering on the boot, Director, my first Director in the wild and doing what it was designed for, being driven, albeit slowly.