Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

wrangle

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VF 2 Redline
53F660D3-34A9-4D41-B19B-E3A019FDCFFE.png

Chubba

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV RDL

At last it appears reality is setting in. At least these guys are smart enough to "meet the market" unlike some of the other dealers still asking 75K plus for the LE's. They clearly don't look on carsales or perhaps they do and are experiencing cogitative dissonance. The specuvesters looking to do a quick flip have watched their profit vaporise and some may have have done some sugar. All positive for the enthusiasts whom previously believed these cars were beyond reach.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Yeah I agree. Some good pricing there.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Good buying and good to see. Although the Syd add does say "From".
From memory base driveaway price was $65,985 (ex stampduty and rego). So, at least some dealers were being reasonable, when these were new. Not my local one though.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
7 year warranty is a Really Good Thing.
Would be extremely tempted to upgrade if there were such a thing as a 2017 in our colour!

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
7 year warranty is a Really Good Thing.
Would be extremely tempted to upgrade if there were such a thing as a 2017 in our colour!
It really is a good deal with the 7yr warranty hey.
Yeah, peacock is a really lovely colour IMO. Another reason I went the Spitfire green for my MSE...

Chubba

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV RDL
It really is a good deal with the 7yr warranty hey.
Yeah, peacock is a really lovely colour IMO. Another reason I went the Spitfire green for my MSE...

Was not really sure about Spitfire in the MSE (its loud) however, having seen two up close I'm beginning to like it. The red rim band is a nice subtle touch with all the MSE's and although they say red and green should never be seen, in this case it complements (MO). Going back in time, the lime green HQ's and SLR's were polarising at the time and yet are now classics.

As for the 7 year warranty, I was pleased with myself when I secured it. Had to contribute a bit extra as it was not offered when initial deal was done. It is a bit disturbing when you read the thread on @juicyfruitz's transmission failure. Holden not having a brand new transmission available to honour the warranty on a 2 year old car? What else are they now going to palm off to third parties for refurbishing under warranty? And, I really hope Holden are around 7 years to honour those warranties being offered today even if they are not completely reassuring.
Time will tell.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
As for the 7 year warranty, I was pleased with myself when I secured it. Had to contribute a bit extra as it was not offered when initial deal was done. It is a bit disturbing when you read the thread on @juicyfruitz's transmission failure. Holden not having a brand new transmission available to honour the warranty on a 2 year old car? What else are they now going to palm off to third parties for refurbishing under warranty? And, I really hope Holden are around 7 years to honour those warranties being offered today even if they are not completely reassuring.
Time will tell.
I re-negotiated the Magnum contract to include the 7 year warranty.
The DP said it would be an additional $550. I pointed to the(inflated) DD fees on the contract.
He smiled and said "We'll absorb that"...

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Was not really sure about Spitfire in the MSE (its loud) however, having seen two up close I'm beginning to like it. The red rim band is a nice subtle touch with all the MSE's and although they say red and green should never be seen, in this case it complements (MO). Going back in time, the lime green HQ's and SLR's were polarising at the time and yet are now classics.

Time will tell.
I also had the 7 year warranty added at no cost but it was a fight with HCC as they first told me it was included then changed their minds. The DP ended up taking the cost rather than HCC who made wrong statements as I was going to dump the contract and the dealer was going to loose big time. My take is that if HCC won’t stand by their word, the warranty is not worth the paper it’s printed on. So I share your concerns.

Just hope it’s not like the ‘AAMI lifetime repair warranty’ where an AAMI assessor tried to write off my parents vehicle due to the fact repairing the paint job many years after the initial repair was done more costly than the current car value and that’s ignoring the other repair defects that also needed to be fixed. This was the third round of corrective work over the years but to me, writing off a vehicle because the re-repair costs are more than the value make a mockery of ‘lifetime repair warranty’. to me, lifetime means lifetime though I think the law seems to accept 20 years as a lifetime... Anyway that AAMI problem became months of arguments but they insisted it was a right off. Luckily I still had the original policy that stated what the payout would be in case of write off. AAMI then had nowhere to go as it was a problem of their own making so payed out the $19500 as listed in the 18 year old policy... yes they paid out $19500 on what amounted to a $2500 vehicle... total AAMI spent on that trying to repair the vehicle over they years with hire care and final payout was estimated to be $60,000 so it should be a case study for assessor (they never listened and kept digging).

Sadly, I expect if I have issues with my Holden, it will be arguments in the style of AAMI as I will not accept secondhand or reco-ed parts in my in warranty vehicle... and if it’s a major issue i’d be looking for a full refund in that case. Let’s hope I don’t have any issues as they are always a hassle...

But yeah, is the warranty worth the paper it’s printed on?

May be best to ask all those suffering power steering issues that should have been corrected by a recall.