Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
Hi guys

Hoping for a bit of advice or help on this from other motorsport owners. I have been experiencing a lot of noise within the cabin including creaks, rattles etc. Have taken back to the dealer and they have replaced the striker on the passenger front door but it does not appear to have fixed the problems. I drive the car in sport mode mainly and I appreciate the suspension is meant to be stiff but the littlest of bumps or holes in the road are really felt and heard in the car, is anyone else experiencing similar or any suggestions on what problems I might be having that I need to look at.

The dealership are trying to justify the noise by telling me its a sports car and its normal but I have had a number of SS's and Clubsports over the years and what I am hearing when driving the car is definitely not normal. I just want the problems sorted so I can get back to enjoying the car. Any advise would be appreciated. I have been in contact with Holden Customer Care as well and they are looking into it, I did ask to see if they had anyone who was experienced with the Motorsport to come and test the car but apparently thats not an option. Any suggestions as to maybe someone I should take the car to in Sydney area to inspect and offer their opinion so I can give some different feedback to Holden that might be different to what the Service dept at the dealer is currently advising?
it is most likely the windscreen. The seal between the glass and the turret rubs and creates strange squeaks and rattles in the cabin, there are a few threads on hear about it. Try to lift the rubber off the painted surface with a plastic scraper (or something that won't scratch you paint) and apply some silicon grease along the whole length of the windscreen, and you may be surprised how quiet it becomes in your cabin.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
Hi guys

Hoping for a bit of advice or help on this from other motorsport owners. I have been experiencing a lot of noise within the cabin including creaks, rattles etc. Have taken back to the dealer and they have replaced the striker on the passenger front door but it does not appear to have fixed the problems. I drive the car in sport mode mainly and I appreciate the suspension is meant to be stiff but the littlest of bumps or holes in the road are really felt and heard in the car, is anyone else experiencing similar or any suggestions on what problems I might be having that I need to look at.

The dealership are trying to justify the noise by telling me its a sports car and its normal but I have had a number of SS's and Clubsports over the years and what I am hearing when driving the car is definitely not normal. I just want the problems sorted so I can get back to enjoying the car. Any advise would be appreciated. I have been in contact with Holden Customer Care as well and they are looking into it, I did ask to see if they had anyone who was experienced with the Motorsport to come and test the car but apparently thats not an option. Any suggestions as to maybe someone I should take the car to in Sydney area to inspect and offer their opinion so I can give some different feedback to Holden that might be different to what the Service dept at the dealer is currently advising?
Join one of the facebook groups and see who lives near by with a motorsport, catch up with them and compare both vehciles for anything that might be different. Its the best way to make new friends who also own a motorsport and for you to sort out your noise issues

shelton528

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SSV Z Series - VF2 Motorsport Edition
I've had the same issues with my MSE since purchase, spray silicon behind the rubber at the top of the windscreen where it joins the roof and on all door rubbers, this has solved the problem for me. In 14 months I've had to do the windscreen twice and I redo the door rubbers every 2 or 3 months.

DMAC0320

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Motorsport Edition
I've had the same issues with my MSE since purchase, spray silicon behind the rubber at the top of the windscreen where it joins the roof and on all door rubbers, this has solved the problem for me. In 14 months I've had to do the windscreen twice and I redo the door rubbers every 2 or 3 months.
Thanks mate, dealer is going to take a look at this and I will ask what product they use but wanted to know which product you have chosen to use on your MSE?

shelton528

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SSV Z Series - VF2 Motorsport Edition
I use WD-40 High Performance Silicone Lubricant, about $10 from Bunnings... or $17 at REPCO.

V8 TIL 98

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II MSE
Indeed. My MSE has experienced 12,000 kms, many mountain runs chasing hot hatches and several track days. Great car, love it every day.

This.

Almost 2000Km on mine (had it for three weeks) and I’m absolutely loving it.

My first V8. My first drive of any V8 was when it was delivered to me at the dealers and I got to take it home.

I’m hooked and won’t be able to drive anything else now... this thing is a beast when you want it to be and civilised at the twist of a wrist. I was quite careful for the first thousand KM or so, but it is now beginning to feel like it is freeing up. And that thunderous bellow from about 90Km/h in third gear, makes the angels weep... it’s a symphony... if it proves to be reliable, I will keep it forever.

The financial hazards of this addiction worry me - I’m actually beginning to seriously wonder what the LSA engined cars are like... can they be so noticeably faster/more desirable? It’s never enough!!!

Last edited:

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
I’m actually beginning to seriously wonder what the LSA engined cars are like... can they be so noticeably faster/more desirable? It’s never enough!!!

Having come from an LS3 Calais V into an LSA, I can say with experience that the rush of FI is on another level again. Don't get me wrong, the LS3 is a wonderful bit of kit, and I'd go as far to say it probably even sounds a bit better up to around 3000rpm, but put your foot down in an LSA car and the instant, linear freight train power is awesome, particularly the pull from ~80-120.

V8 TIL 98

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II MSE
Geez! You’re killing me!

I’ll be dreaming of LSA freight trains all night now...