Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
And don't forget about the buyer's premium which, based on the rate of 7% and the current bid of $63,009, is the better part of $4.5k.
Not forgotten, just poorly expressed as bid price+ ;)

Why wouldn't it have oem warranty balance?
Many a business, even manufacturers, directly off load old stock via auction.

Stuff sold at auction is not required by law to be sold with any statutory warranty. This does not mean the product can’t carry a manufacturer’s warranty but since there is the “added services” tab within the auction page, which describes the 12 month warranty one can purchase for ~$700, I’d say the manufacturer simply doesn’t want to provide warranty on this car (otherwise they would state balance of 3, 5 or 7 years warranty as it’s a positive selling feature).

The grays auction page also does not specify who the seller is, whether a manufacturer, dealer or some third party, not that it’s really relevant in any case.

So if you are thinking of bidding, talk to greys as they are selling it or talk to Holden as the VIN is provided and clarify the situation, don’t simply assume you have manufacturer’s warranty because of the newness of the car.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
red mse
upload_2019-4-27_6-9-54.png

Jack-B

Reaction score
Members Ride
M/Sport
Just received my insurance renewal and was pleased to find that NRMA had increased the market value of Motorsport to $75000.

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
Remember the higher value only helps when you claim writeoff. Anything other than your value replacing the car is not a sound financial decision.

Last edited:

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Just received my insurance renewal and was pleased to find that NRMA had increased the market value of Motorsport to $75000.

Hmmm. I recently got a NRMA on line quote for my CV8. Maximum agreed value $10,600 with a premium of $635. Country area with no recent claims and less than 5Km per year. No effing way !
Customer service chickybabe who renewed my membership tried to sell me comprehensive insurance, so she got a couple of stories about my personal dissatisfaction with NRMA insurance over the past 20 years.

RoarPower

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MSE
Hi guys

Hoping for a bit of advice or help on this from other motorsport owners. I have been experiencing a lot of noise within the cabin including creaks, rattles etc. Have taken back to the dealer and they have replaced the striker on the passenger front door but it does not appear to have fixed the problems. I drive the car in sport mode mainly and I appreciate the suspension is meant to be stiff but the littlest of bumps or holes in the road are really felt and heard in the car, is anyone else experiencing similar or any suggestions on what problems I might be having that I need to look at.

The dealership are trying to justify the noise by telling me its a sports car and its normal but I have had a number of SS's and Clubsports over the years and what I am hearing when driving the car is definitely not normal. I just want the problems sorted so I can get back to enjoying the car. Any advise would be appreciated. I have been in contact with Holden Customer Care as well and they are looking into it, I did ask to see if they had anyone who was experienced with the Motorsport to come and test the car but apparently thats not an option. Any suggestions as to maybe someone I should take the car to in Sydney area to inspect and offer their opinion so I can give some different feedback to Holden that might be different to what the Service dept at the dealer is currently advising?

Mine as well is having this issue and I've only just hit 7000kms, I own a XR8 Sprint as well with 29,000kms on the clock and is yet to make any cabin noise what so ever. I'm going to take it back to the dealer in the next few days and i will post an update once i know more.

V8 TIL 98

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II MSE
The MSE is a weapon. Supercharging is expensive but consider that for $5k you can get more out of the LS3 and keep it NA, sounds much better too. I've said it many times before but a 375/385 pack from various tuners with a DPE exhaust really takes the MSE to another level. In addition, try and get to a track day if you can, you'll never fully appreciate what the MSE can do on the road.

Bloody hell, just when I think I can rest easy, now I start getting restless thinking of this...

Don’t want to compromise my long warranty - which was a real feature for me.

But dipping my toe in the water with something like a cat back DPE on its own, shouldn’t bother the warranty. Do you lose the bi-modal feature by going DPE? And is 2.5inch v 3 inch only going to be noticed if you’re going to go for a full system including headers?