Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
To be fair, I don't think many track their VFs on this forum. Let us know what they recommend.

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
To be fair, I don't think many track their VFs on this forum.
I have kept shtum for that reason. My 2c @EternityDre: from personal (non-track but [redacted] stole it) experience Michelin PS4Ss are much quieter than the RE003s and should last 50% longer. They're guaranteed for 30,000km road use and my RE003s barely managed 22,000km (rears tread, fronts shoulders). What that equates to in # of extra laps around Sandown I wouldn't hazard a guess.

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
Ton of credible advice on Facebook hahahhaha

I know, I was trying to prod the beehive to see if I could get a little more action.

I have kept shtum for that reason. My 2c @EternityDre: from personal (non-track but [redacted] stole it) experience Michelin PS4Ss are much quieter than the RE003s and should last 50% longer. They're guaranteed for 30,000km road use and my RE003s barely managed 22,000km (rears tread, fronts shoulders). What that equates to in # of extra laps around Sandown I wouldn't hazard a guess.

This is true. This next set will be my fourth set of tyres (currently on my second pair of RE003s after the stock RE050As) and I've done 25k kms, but lots of track days as I said.

lmfvf2ssredlineute

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf2 ssv redline lmf ute
Bendix ultimate pads are great for street and track, also just call one of the race tyre suppliers, most states have one or two, Yokohama tyres i think around bayswater, stucky tyres melbourne should be able to supply sticky tyres
better as others have said have second set tyres on rims for track only
also get some extra neg camber on your front end will make a huge difference to turn in
Yokohama tyres can help with a street ,track suspension front end alignment, they will advise you whats best set up for street and odd track days

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
#? (black manual) October 20th, NSW dealer...

20211020_Magnum_AU119K.jpg

#116 (white manual) November 5th, NSW private...

20211105_Magnum_AU109K.jpg

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E, VF2 Director, ZB RS-V Wagon
Hey Dre, a couple of us here in SA have modded our limiteds with King Springs.
I’ve gone SSL rear and SL front, and a couple of mates have SSL front and rear- looks killer and doesn’t upset the car or the MRC. Just make sure you get new torque to yield mounting bolts and get them torqued properly. Some of the wiring for the orginals do go through the springs (rears i think) so you need to unpick the plug to do the switch over. 3 years and 10k km later no issues at all.