Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VE] Holden Commodore VE Omega Coolant Reservoir Overflow Bottle replacement *HELP*

Knowledge2know

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega LPG
Hey, everybody! I'm on a mission to replace my cracked Coolant Reservoir Overflow Bottle in my 2012 Holden Commodore VE Omega. Despite various repairs, the overheating issue persists. Can anyone recommend a helpful tutorial or share a link to a resource that guides through the replacement process? Your assistance is much appreciated!
Cheers!

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Depending on where you are located in "Melbourne",

The Wreckers would be your best bet to source a replacement Coolant overflow bottle,
But, the overheating could possibly be other issues that have been overlooked by others.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Hey, everybody! I'm on a mission to replace my cracked Coolant Reservoir Overflow Bottle in my 2012 Holden Commodore VE Omega. Despite various repairs, the overheating issue persists. Can anyone recommend a helpful tutorial or share a link to a resource that guides through the replacement process? Your assistance is much appreciated!
Cheers!
It won’t be cracked or damaged. It has an overflow hole in it. The coolant is coming out and not going back in. The reservoir then over fills and pours out the small overflow hole.

That’s leaving air in the system and leading to over heating.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
How has this thread made it to the How to section?