Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden dealers offering "in house" walkinshaw upgrades.

OzTurtle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Redline
The dealer received the car first to do their inspection and register the car, then it was placed onto a transport truck and taken to HP-F. They did their magic and then transported back to the dealer, all up added a week to final delivery. Personally I wouldn't trust the dealer to get it all fitted properly! The way I see it, you have 2 options, 1: when purchasing the car tell them you want HP-F to do all the work, even if it means waiting longer to finally collect it. This may be your only way if the add-ons are being financed. 2: Buy the car stock, except for any dealer add-ons (floor mats, black out kit, etc), then drive it yourself to HP-F to have additional work done. You'll still have the driveline warranty, and know that you're getting the best job done.

Bardygrub

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ba fairlane
The dealer received the car first to do their inspection and register the car, then it was placed onto a transport truck and taken to HP-F. They did their magic and then transported back to the dealer, all up added a week to final delivery. Personally I wouldn't trust the dealer to get it all fitted properly! The way I see it, you have 2 options, 1: when purchasing the car tell them you want HP-F to do all the work, even if it means waiting longer to finally collect it. This may be your only way if the add-ons are being financed. 2: Buy the car stock, except for any dealer add-ons (floor mats, black out kit, etc), then drive it yourself to HP-F to have additional work done. You'll still have the driveline warranty, and know that you're getting the best job done.
Yeah cool, thanks for the reply. I also want to go the way you did so everything is done when I receive the vehicle.
I take it you paid for the walki upgrades through the dealer? Is so did LCT come into play?

OzTurtle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Redline
No LCT as they put the Walkinshaw pack and tint on a separate invoice to the car. The Redline in Heron white, and auto came in at $58,500 on road (under LCT), then tint and W375 added $5990 so would have been hit hard by our not so friendly government if lumped all together. Another option is spend a day coming down closer to Melbourne and purchase your car, pain in the arse travel wise but you could walk into a dealer with your best price from your local, and negotiate from there. At least they can easily transport your car to HP-F and have all work done by professionals prior to delivery, and your local dealer can service from there on.

OSH1360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
No LCT as they put the Walkinshaw pack and tint on a separate invoice to the car. The Redline in Heron white, and auto came in at $58,500 on road (under LCT), then tint and W375 added $5990 so would have been hit hard by our not so friendly government if lumped all together. Another option is spend a day coming down closer to Melbourne and purchase your car, pain in the arse travel wise but you could walk into a dealer with your best price from your local, and negotiate from there. At least they can easily transport your car to HP-F and have all work done by professionals prior to delivery, and your local dealer can service from there on.

how did you get tint and the w375 pack for $5990? i though the stand alone w375 kit price was $6690?

OzTurtle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Redline
Haggled with the add-on guy, was prepared to walk on any extras, and he came back a day later with the price I was happy with. Tint was probably thrown in for free, and deal taken off RRP of W375. Either way invoice total came in at $5990, and really happy with how it all came out.
Started playing with the paddles and "manual shift" through the auto selector, great shifts and gives a bit of the control I lost going from a proper manual (2014 SV6), to a auto. Now the mods game begins.....

SS Flo Rida

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series II SS W375
The dealer fitted my w375 pack and did a reasonable job then I took it into Walkinshaw for the Dyno after a 3000kms. They got 5.5 rwkw and 15nm of torque over the flash tune the dealer uploads to the ecu. Apparently your better of using your Dyno tune once it's run in a bit so the walky people said. Pretty happy with the results. Only thing was the dealer didn't put the boot badges in the right spot and I'm sure Walkinshaw would have. But it saves time on delivery getting the dealer to bolt on the exhaust and intake. Out of interest the plugs on the 02 sensor wiring harness on the VF 2's are different to the series 1 gen f's and they have the be extended to fit. They re-routed mine and they just made it without an extension which I don't know are easily available ATM. The other issue is there's no where to plumb in the mechanical sound enhancer into the OTR so you kiss that puppy goodbye which is a bit slack. I thing the walky people should of been more prepared and offered there OTR inductions with an outlet for the MSE for what it's worth

OzTurtle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Redline
Hey SS Flo Rida, think I put up one of your YouTube videos in a different post for another forum member to see a 0-100k with the W375. Anyway, did your Walkinshaw dealer recommend a re-tune after 3000k's? If so was there an additional cost involved? I picked up my Redline on the 23rd Dec., with the pack installed by HP-F prior to delivery, and it came with warranty placard etc. but no dyno report, or mention of a tune touch-up.

SS Flo Rida

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series II SS W375
Hi OzTurtle
Yes that was my 0-100 video and Yes Walkinshaw recommended a retune after 2 or 3 thousand clicks. This was free but they never tuned initially they just uploaded the w375 flash to the ecu and didn't Dyno it. This is what they suggested so I really only used my one Dyno tune that comes with the upgrade.

SS Flo Rida

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series II SS W375
Because I had the dealer fit my w375 pack, the cost was included in the original tax invoice which was handy Some of the dealer WP Techs are very good depends on the individual and your preference. Either way you'll still get a car with unbelievable performance for a fraction of the cost of most comparable new cars