Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Employee Discount

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
it states the equivelant of 0-10 year service in that advert , which is not alot off...
it's based off RRP and not negotiable..if your not a good haggler it's probably your good way of buying...

it's just another way of advertising a few grand off the retail price and making it sound like they are doing you a favour...

From memory that was 25% off commodores and 20% off other cars when I was at GM

SimoHDK

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE Commodore SV6 Z-Series - Manual
What a joke, just spoke to a dealer. Driveaway pricing.

MY12 With employee discount (with reversing camera and parking sensors - only applies to cars IN STOCK) = $34,500
MY12.5 (No employee discounts) = $38,990

Anybody remember the offer on SV6's for $34,990 not long ago? Hardly much better then that. Of course this is before haggling, but rather expensive. Especially the 12.5 which has nowhere near $4.k worth of extras.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
What a joke, just spoke to a dealer. Driveaway pricing.

MY12 With employee discount (with reversing camera and parking sensors - only applies to cars IN STOCK) = $34,500
MY12.5 (No employee discounts) = $38,990

Anybody remember the offer on SV6's for $34,990 not long ago? Hardly much better then that. Of course this is before haggling, but rather expensive. Especially the 12.5 which has nowhere near $4.k worth of extras.

Why is it a surprise?? Thats what car companies do - offer discounts on old or overstocked models. Same as you get a sale on last years plated vehicles every Jan/Feb.

Reaper

SSVAGON

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII SV6 Ute
All this so called employee discount sales guff is TOTAL crap, its the flashing sign of desperation.

I know a few guys who sell new cars, one at GM the other at Toyota. They are finding it hard (real hard) ever since end of financial year. One of them discribed it as thou a light switch had been switch OFF.

Best bet is to do your research on prices. carsales.com.au is awsome for this, pull another grand off that best price. Go into a dealer with your money, say this is what I want to pay today.

This is the trick. You must be willing to sign on the day. If the car I want is in stock even better (thats how I pic the dealer, dont forget the country dealers too, call around) go in at the end of month, they are keen to deal at the end of month to get the sale figures up.

You watch em jump at it. I hate carsale people, make them work for a living I say. :upyours:

SimoHDK

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE Commodore SV6 Z-Series - Manual
Why is it a surprise?? Thats what car companies do - offer discounts on old or overstocked models. Same as you get a sale on last years plated vehicles every Jan/Feb.

Reaper

I'm aware, but for a car very close to the end of its life, and nobody buying cars at the minute you would think they could try harder.

SSVAGON

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII SV6 Ute
I'm aware, but for a car very close to the end of its life, and nobody buying cars at the minute you would think they could try harder.

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeese dont take this the wrong way and no offence here mate, but I think the ball is in your court. Get into that dealer. Like I said before go in there and "TELL" what you will pay. Sticker price is for saps, if they wont deal walk out. They WILL call you, thats there job. Then tell them you want a MY12.5 for $34,500 and you will buy sign/today.

Bet you will get it, if your happy with that price thats is, pump them more I say. Get mats, tint and a tow bar as well.

Check this out, took me around 2 min to find this .

2012 HOLDEN COMMODORE SV6 VE Series II MY12 Cars For Sale in VIC - carsales.com.au - carsales.com.au[Make:HOLDEN,Model:COMMODORE,BaseEnabledBadge:SV6,Series:VE Series II MY12]&sort=~Odometer

Last edited:

Wongy295

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 (LPG)
Dear sweet Jesus.
Ive been looking for an SV6 for ages on Carsales and have never seen that orange...it's beautiful....:eek:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

kingsvy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ute
I just got 3 grand off the sticker price of a 08 omega said ive got 15 grand im buying a car today here or somwere else he went into office came back said 16.000 i said no went back said 15.500 no came back again 15.250 i got up he put out his hand deal

Max's SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Sportwagon
Bought a new manual SS Sportwagon MY12 today for $40,093 drive away. Did my home work before hand. Check some of the prices on the Carsales site.

Steve