Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Employee Discount

unitary

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE Series II SSV Redline Ute
I bought my ssv redline ute last year with canopy and all the trimmings using my step dads employee discount of 35% which roughly equated to $18k. I was pretty happy with that...

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
I ordered my SV6 Sportwagon in December 2011 and picked it up on the 28th. February 2012 so plated 2012 with 2011 price.
Reversing sensors, reversing camera, Statnav.
The IQ is one system which you can`t be added to later so I was told.
December staff price $36896.61 on road.
Retail about $48,000.
So about $10,000 I saved.

SSVAGON

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII SV6 Ute
They would not give them away or sell for cost, they still make money. Plus they get money from the government.

Holden gets $275m to stay in Australia - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Just goes to show how very badly we are being ripped off.

Check these prices out for a MY12 Camaro in the states. These are the prices we should be paying.

2012 Chevrolet Camaro Price in USA – Prices in USA

Hmmm, ZL1 cheaper than a HSV. Check the specs out, 580hp.

GM announces 2012 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 specs, pricing from $54,995

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
You cannot really compare America's car market to ours. 311 million Americans vs 22 million Australians. Big difference. Economies of scale make it cheaper to mass produce vehicles in the USA.

SSVRED77

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE SS V 2007
If you want a sv6 then I would stongly suggest you spend the extra $$$ and get the ss. It will put an extra smile on your face when you start that engine. Fuel is not much more either I think the new ones got for 12.5/100km and on the freeway your clocking 7L per 100km as soon as afm kicks in. Keep that in mind. Good luck

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
If you want a sv6 then I would stongly suggest you spend the extra $$$ and get the ss. It will put an extra smile on your face when you start that engine. Fuel is not much more either I think the new ones got for 12.5/100km and on the freeway your clocking 7L per 100km as soon as afm kicks in. Keep that in mind. Good luck

Manuals don't have AFM, and Auto's don't put smiles on your face.

swilso

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vectra JR
I thought it was a decent deal. I just bought a Colorado LX 4x4 dual cab (oceanic colour) with tint, tbar, side steps and tonneau cover for $39500 drive away (12mths rego).

nitro91

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv
how much discount did yo uget swilso?

swilso

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vectra JR
how much discount did yo uget swilso?

I think it was 10 or $11,000 deducted from the RRP. He could deduct close to $10k for employee discount thing then he had some other bonus he could deduct an additional 2.5k, I got a glimpse at the dealer books it looked like it was down to $34,000 I think (not drive away). So including that, dealer delivery, GST, freight charge, plus the extras = $39500. Downside is, it's on its way so I have to wait 2 weeks as there aren't many in that colour. I was pretty pleased with my local dealer he didn't come across as a scumbag as some of the other salemen.