Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden 'fesses up

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
From what I gather the policy

never accept "policy" anywhere - research the laws for yourself it is up to the consumer to know their rights.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
never accept "policy" anywhere - research the laws for yourself it is up to the consumer to know their rights.
Yeah nah I'm with you, so when a claim is challenged now it is clear that's not the end of the story just because the General says so.
Local servicing and ACCC has your back.

Clay1391

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ssv redline
Ive had the dealership told me theres no stat dec 3 month warrenty on utes or trucks used. I havent had to lodge a claim yet but nothing states that on accc website. Anyone else heard that before?

Dirty Harry

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MY17 Series 2 Redline - Red Hot
It's good to finally see the ACCC get some balls and take on a few of theses multinationals. Looking at some of the other cases they currently have on the go, now they just need to start imposing some decent fines rather than a smack on the wrist.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
From what I gather the policy has been to reject outright if car was not serviced by a dealer, or was second hand.
Wow, and they were actually getting away with that?!?!

I'm very surprised that with a purchase which takes as big a chunk out of people's pockets as a car, those people don't know the legal terms & conditions of the warranty. Again ... wow.

ShinWow

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV 6.2L Manual
BMW, Mercedes Benz and Ford are the worst apparently. Ford is kicking up a stink denying it has to do anything, taking the ACCC head-on, who is suing Ford for thousands of breaches relating to lies and deception over the stoopid dual clutch thingy, just like the VW/Audi problem basically. Those gearboxes are just not engineered for stop start crawl or heavy loads.
My girlfriend owns a '13 Ford Focus with the dual clutch auto in it. ******* horrendous. At its worst, it would literally sound like the gearbox had fallen out of it and chunks of metal were just slapping around underneath the car, while the entire car shook enough to at least slide something loose off the dashboard.

After almost 40 thousand K's and 4 years of putting up with (while complaining to Ford every few months) shuddering almost every time during acceleration, Ford finally fixed it, but I'm going to assume its a temporary bandaid fix, whatever they did.

She loves the car, apart from this ridiculous fault which they just refused to acknowledge (they stated specifically that it needed to do it above 2500 rpm, otherwise it's running as-designed... lol). Otherwise, I'm sure we would've launched it through the nearest dealership's showroom window by now.