Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden GTR-X

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I will get pics as soon as i can. It is not in the best condition. This would be the half car as referred to as above. The car is not a half car it has no interior in it at the moment but it will have soon. I will try get some pics tomorrow, i will event get a pic with my VS and jamiejamies VU with it.

What color is the shell?

Reaper

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
well if its the real deal it would be the rarest holden ever id guess. they look pretty sweet to.

CORNYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ
If it's legit... Sounds like the grandpa has a fair fortune on his hands

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
There is a write up about it in a book i have called called Holden Torana GTR XU-1 .The GTR-X had the 186 engine with triple carbs that produced 160 brake horsepower ,4 speed manual, 254 mm front discs,247.65mm rear . 54.55 litre fuel tank , top speed 210 k.p.h. It had the same basic suspension and drive train as the LC GTR XU-1 The engineers at holden were hoping for a production run from 1971 to 1980 and designed the car to accept both the 6 and v8 engine and would have been sold for between $4000 to $5000. The bonnet was hinged from the front and had a rear hatch. The dash included speedo, tacho ,radio ,clock, ammeter , oil pressure gauge, fuel gauge,temp gauge and vacuum gauge. A prototype was driven around Mt Panoramaas a marketing exercise but was deemed to expensive to build .
http://holden.itgo.com/gtrx.html here is some more info .