Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden IQ program

Asmodai78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V Sportwagon
Hi all,

Does anyone know what OS is used for the IQ system, is it Windows CE or something and has anyone been able to crack it yet? im thinking more long the lines of somehow improving the sat nav or getting free updates with a cracked version

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
The IQ is running WinCE5 on a Analog Devices - ADSP-BF549 Blackfin 16Bit 533Mhz CPU.

Maps are NAVTEQ based, but I have been unable to work out a lot of how the map data is stored for the IQ system.
(I have worked out voice files, and some of the POI stuff, which is stored as SQLIte Tables).

The other big problem with the Holden IQ Nav stuff is the executables and important stuff is stored on flash memory on the GPS board. (512Mb Flash)
(SatNav software upgrades are done via TIS2WEB, writing files to a SDHC card, uploading the upgrades, removing the card and re-fitting the maps SDHC card).

As mentioned, I have been able to change the voice files to other Navteq voice files. (Pretty easy once you know the file mapping).
The SQLite Database files dont have a lot that is interesting. (You can open the SQLite Database files using a plugin for Firefox).

It would be nice if we can get a couple of technical people playing around with this more (So far only two to three people I know of are actively working on this stuff).

I hope this helps ???

Asmodai78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V Sportwagon
Yeah it does thanks, hopefully someone is able to crack the whole thing one day