Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden iQ system won't turn off!

ryzlee

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SV6
Hi all.

The last couple of days I've been having trouble where my holden iQ system won't turn off.
I've been able to rectify it by shutting the door again, putting the key to ignition then taking it back out and opening my door and closing it again.

Now, I've gotten home and it's done the same thing, however this time the radio won't turn off at all! Has anyone else had this issue? Is there a solution other than pulling the fuse?

I called roadside assistance at holden, and they won't even send some out because I'm not covered anymore, yet I'm still under new car warranty. They won't even send someone out if I paid them.

Anyone have a solution?

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Yes mate it's the switch in the door that's faulty. Need to replace as complete unit, did mine under warranty.

ryzlee

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SV6
Where is the switch located? Is there anyway I can toggle it just till I can get it fixed?

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Yes aye I posted a pic in a thread on here but basically use a thick Philips head to tumble the mechanism manually. Might take a couple of goes. Otherwise will flatten battery.

ryzlee

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SV6
Sweet - thanks heaps! Greatly appreciated. Managed to get it turned off my flicking that latch a few times. Will call Holden tomorrow to see if I can get it fixed. Thanks again

Invergarry

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SS
Yeah i have this problem right now, and my mate who works for holden told me i need to get it replaced under warranty.

jamesmp

The Photo Journalist
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Members Ride
MY12 VE Commodore SS
I had a similar problem with the door switch in my last VE and Holden just fixed it (at no cost) during the next service.