Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Oz ZB Manufacturer's warranty: 3 years or 5 years

Fredbasset

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Calais 2.0 DT
Hi

Can someone pls explain. Holden's website mentions that all Holdens registered after 1 July 18 gets 5 yrs/unlimited kms. But the warranty slip in the servicing booklet says 3 yrs/100000 km. Which is right? Btw, I got mine as a demo.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Hi

Can someone pls explain. Holden's website mentions that all Holdens registered after 1 July 18 gets 5 yrs/unlimited kms. But the warranty slip in the servicing booklet says 3 yrs/100000 km. Which is right? Btw, I got mine as a demo.

some of them had 7, some had 5 and some had 3.
it depends on the purchasing conditions like if it was purchased as a business/fleet and the date of rego/purchase.
the best way to work it out is contact a dealer or holden customer care with your vin and ask what the warranty expiry date is.

Sfitz38

Reaction score
Members Ride
2018 ZB Commodore LT
Mine was first registered in June 2018, 2 more weeks later I would of had 5 years. So only 3 years with mine (out of warranty now)

The 5year came after those booklets were printed. As above mentioned give them a call with your VIN handy to confirm.

Fredbasset

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Calais 2.0 DT
Mine was first registered in June 2018, 2 more weeks later I would of had 5 years. So only 3 years with mine (out of warranty now)

The 5year came after those booklets were printed. As above mentioned give them a call with your VIN handy to confirm.

When you mention registered date, do you mean the date the car first got the rego; i.e. number plate? Just to make sure we are not talking about build or compliance dates.

Fredbasset

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Calais 2.0 DT
Oh. Have called them. Mine is for 5 years despite car being a demo. Warranty is from date of registration - that a number plate is assigned to car.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
When you mention registered date, do you mean the date the car first got the rego; i.e. number plate? Just to make sure we are not talking about build or compliance dates.

yes the warranty starts from the date of the first registration, in your case if it is a demo the warranty started on the date they registered it and the length of the warranty applies to that date too so if they had registered it 1 week before it went to a 5 year warranty from 3 then you would get 3 years.