Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden service 90K @ 81k?

MrMagoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF SS
Hi guys

Just need some advice on my next service.

My 2013 SS VF got serviced last September still under warranty no problems reported. Now Holden (Ashmore) want to service it again as of end of June or at 90kms which ever come sooner, it's currently at 81k.
The last few services cost $410, now they want to change $564... wtf?! Question, does it really need another service so soon, are they just taking me for a ride?! I always thought Holden V8s need a service every 15k kms. Can i shop around for better price or is it better to get it done through Holden?!

Noob questions i know but i just want to do the right thing and not get screwed by big corporate fatcats lol.

Cheers!

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
They run on a time or distance schedule. Ie: 15k Interval or 12 Months, whichever comes first.

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
My Mazda CX9 is the same, it is due for 90,000 km service but only done 50,000 km as I only drive it on Sunday. I just do the "interim services" in between (a quick oil/filter change) until it reaches the major marks such as 30K, 45K, 60K etc. etc.

smurfmeister

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf redline
It's actually every 9months or 15,000km. I just had 60k service (vf redline) and i've only got 41000km on the clock. Have a look at the service manual and see what the scheduled maintanance is. Sounds like a major service to me. But toyota just charged me $750 for 100,000km service (wife's prado)so $560 is probaby not too bad.

MrMagoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF SS
Ok thanks guys, guess ill go ahead with it as it's all booked in. I just wasnt aware of having 2 services in 11 months. They did say the last service that my brakes will need looking at = $$$, eek!

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
Ok thanks guys, guess ill go ahead with it as it's all booked in. I just wasnt aware of having 2 services in 11 months. They did say the last service that my brakes will need looking at = $$$, eek!
Hi Mr M, You should just check the lifetime price capped servicing selector on Holden's website. Not sure if your SS is manual or auto or the auto wagon etc as the servicing price does differ slightly...but you should be able to tell them how much you are paying for your next service (assuming you stick to the 9mths or 15k) and I wouldn't pay a cent more (unless you fall for some upsell or really need to have something else done of course).

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
How much pad gave you got left? Should be visible without taking the wheels off.