Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Servicing - spark plugs

d.k.vmatt

Reaction score
Members Ride
'06 VZ SS
You can get one of the rear coils out with the manifold on but the rest are imposible.

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Ricey, send us a photo of how you get the coilpacks off the rear plugs and then remove the plugs without undoing the upper plenum, and I'll believe you, OK? Then again, if it involves playing with yourself while you do it, I bow to your superior knowledge! ;)

Greenacc, the plugs actually didn't look too bad as far as heat and fouling goes. The biggest difference with the older style copper plugs is that the copper electrode is larger, flatter and soft, and erodes with time. Sparks like a really nice small, sharp electrode to hit, which is why exotic metal plugs work better. Their centre electrode is coated with a noble metal such as platinum or iridium, which self cleans, and doesn't erode with time. That's why they've got such a long service life. Copper electrode plugs deteriorate more quickly, as they have a larger flatter centre electrode, and when the sharp edge wears off, sparks can be a bit erratic and the gap increases as the electrode erodes. As for improvements, well, I've only just replaced the plugs so I can't vouch for any vast improvement, but the car is a little sharper on mid range response.

m1lky, the V6 quotes a 120,000 km interval for replacement of plugs. Pretty impressive, when you consider what they have to do over that 120,000 km.

Cheers,

OK its obvious I need to dumb it down for you to comprehend what Im saying because youre either incapable of understanding plain English or your terminology is completely wrong.

The intake manifold consists of two parts with a gasket in between them. There is another gasket under the manifold where its sits on the engine.

Seperating these two parts is not required and is not recommended as the gasket almost always tears, therefore you remove the manifold as whole simply by leaving in the front most rhs bolt and rearmost lhs bolt. This allows you to lift the WHOLE manifold to gain access to all coilpacks and plugs.

Is that simple enough or do you still need pictures?