Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden SS Commodore 355ci Stroker *RVN 355 *

What should i do next into 2008?

• Finish off Vr Caprice Consol

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Remove Vr Caprice Consol, Run B & M setup,no air con vents,custom elec window switches

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Save For COME Twin Throttle Body Manifold

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • Cut & Polish,Full Detail,Boot Install

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters

azzurro

Reaction score
Website
www.aus300zx.com, www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VT Executive, Nissan 300zx, 1974 HJ Kingswood
While i appreciate this is a nice car, I am unsure how this puts him ahead of all the Gen III's without a tune. Maybe VT's and VX's but even those are around 180 average on a very grumpy tune. Regardless, lets see some track figures to back up power figures. Dyno figures are just pretty numbers, moreso in SA where barely anyone backs up their figures on the 1/4 yet everyone seems to be the "best".

I love how all SA tuners are always calling everyone else cowboys...makes me laugh.

Well said Minux. Dyno figures are just a tuning tool that have no way of converting to a 1/4 mile time... My statement regarding GenIIIs without a tune is just through my experiences. Im in the import scene so im used to cliams and figures that are all talk and no go when the heat is on. Ive also driven plenty of GenIIIs and unless they got the aprropriate edit they arnt gonna bother Brads car from what ive seen the other day. Once again we have no strip so were all talkin here equally.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Well said Minux. Dyno figures are just a tuning tool that have no way of converting to a 1/4 mile time... My statement regarding GenIIIs without a tune is just through my experiences. Im in the import scene so im used to cliams and figures that are all talk and no go when the heat is on. Ive also driven plenty of GenIIIs and unless they got the aprropriate edit they arnt gonna bother Brads car from what ive seen the other day. Once again we have no strip so were all talkin here equally.

You SA guys need to organise to do a Heathcote day, then we can have Vic guys do a cruise day, great JC day for all!!

As for GenIII's, i understand what your saying, it's pathetic Holden allow them out of the factory that way. These days though, how many "enthusiasts" LS1 guys do you know driving around on stock tunes? I know I do not know one, most guys instantly have tune, zorst and OTR setup instantly, some opting with a 3.9 route also which makes for some goooood booggy.

Anyways, perhaps we should call all the SA and Vic guys together and organise an Interstate Meet and greet!!!

Edit: azzurro, how much can you get me an Evo 9 for? :p

azzurro

Reaction score
Website
www.aus300zx.com, www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VT Executive, Nissan 300zx, 1974 HJ Kingswood
You SA guys need to organise to do a Heathcote day, then we can have Vic guys do a cruise day, great JC day for all!!

As for GenIII's, i understand what your saying, it's pathetic Holden allow them out of the factory that way. These days though, how many "enthusiasts" LS1 guys do you know driving around on stock tunes? I know I do not know one, most guys instantly have tune, zorst and OTR setup instantly, some opting with a 3.9 route also which makes for some goooood booggy.

Anyways, perhaps we should call all the SA and Vic guys together and organise an Interstate Meet and greet!!!

Edit: azzurro, how much can you get me an Evo 9 for? :p

Yeah in SA you'd be suprised there are some hot GenIIIs and then heaps of punks that keep them stock and never lift the bonnet for 10,000km at a time. In Vic id say most v8s arent stock, especially the import secene almost everything is modded. Im in the 300zx club and the Vic boys all got sleepers that all run 12s for a daily...

Evo 9 mate now your talking just sell the 'ol holden. :p

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
Yeah mate but its about a car you love & to from do ground up. Working out the best bits to make power is fun and rewarding.

I was thinking of a ls1 for my conversion for my vn ss when i rebuilt her but really id rather a 5l stroked to 355 to be old school and to challange the new technolgy.... if you had a 5litre and bet a ls1 wouldn't you be proud?

EvoVIIIJDM

Got Evo?
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Evo VIII JDM
got to organise a SA/VIC Heathcote day. great idea.

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
Yeah mate but its about a car you love & to from do ground up. Working out the best bits to make power is fun and rewarding.

I was thinking of a ls1 for my conversion for my vn ss when i rebuilt her but really id rather a 5l stroked to 355 to be old school and to challange the new technolgy.... if you had a 5litre and bet a ls1 wouldn't you be proud?

Fun, rewarding and fkn expensive :p

And yes, you would be proud. If I ever build a stroker I'm adamant it'll be a 383 though, nobody has them and I'd love to do something really wild with the motor. Wild as in NA 383, not anything stupid :)

sam

Archers

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V 6ltr
hey cuz are you still keen on the cruze on the 29th?

EvoVIIIJDM

Got Evo?
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Evo VIII JDM
its all about the 29th. brad promised me he would come.

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
hey cuz are you still keen on the cruze on the 29th?

its all about the 29th. brad promised me he would come.

Yes I will be there if everything work out alright. If i Do will be there with new Cold Air Intake,Tuned on V power and few more chrome and billet bits since last cruise.