Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden struggling to sell final Commodores?

Paul Smedley

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY23 Tesla Model 3 RWD, MY23 Tesla Model Y RWD
Peter Kittle Holden in Port Adelaide had an electronic sign out the front last weekend saying they only have 30 Australian built Commodores remaining, no idea of the model breakdown

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
I have no doubt that they will struggle to sell them. Most people that really wanted Aussie built commodore already bought them...
There will be some mad deals around in early 2018

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
I have no doubt that they will struggle to sell them. Most people that really wanted Aussie built commodore already bought them...
There will be some mad deals around in early 2018

I read that the last falcon sold a few months ago so about 10 months after factory shut down.

Think utes/wagons will sell well still but caprice(11 yrs old design) and sv6 sedans probably the last around.

Some dealers will have stock if they don't drop there prices of course

tommy_z

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Director
I’m sure the SS and Calais will be gone in good time at reasonable prices but surely there are a ton of Sv6s out there. When the new one comes in March next year I expect to see big discounts on the Sv6s to clear them out (after all we know Holden wants to move on as quick as possible :().

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
(after all we know Holden wants to move on as quick as possible :().

Don't know where they are going to move on to, as PSA (Peugeot) have stated that the Insignadore will be history by 2024, and in the meantime they are paying GM royalties to build it.
Oh, hello Chinese built Daewoo Commodore. When will you be making an appearance ?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
GM is capable of building a decent Commodore.
I think their current Cadillac product shows this.
I think they give very little of a **** about Straya though, and we’re more likely to get a slightly up-specced Epica than a slightly down-specced CTS-V. Everyone buys on price, don’t you know; well they do in Murrica so they must do so everywhere.

Given the choice of product they’re given (especially with Opel gone), I don’t think the Holden brand will last for even another decade.

Redline16

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII SSV Redline Manual

White Swan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS
Most people who had their heart set on grabbing a Commodore before the end of production would have done so by now.

Last edited:

rozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S2 SV6 Ute
I bought an SV6 ute last month and had to get it from Mt Gambier because no dealers in Adelaide had any. Drove past the factory last week and there was hardly any cars in the holding area so I guess they are nearly out. But there is a lot in an auction place in Gillman.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Ute's are hard to get, redline sedans everywhere