Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Enable steering wheel paddle shift option in BCM

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
Just a note that MY14 requires an extra wire in addition to BCM flash. I got mine done by LSXtreme as technically Calais bcms can't get it with factory software.
Also requires trans cal flash with tuning software.

chrism1217

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SV6 wagon
The BCM has a paddle shift enable option in the programming setup phase, so the BCM has to be re-programmed and setup. I'd guess that many dealer personnel have never done it before and they're unaware of the required process. Best to specifically ask for your BCM to be re-programmed and the reason for doing so, is to enable the paddle shift option.
Yes I agree. I have tried explaining all of this to them to avail.

Thorby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Black Edition Wagon
Just a note that MY14 requires an extra wire in addition to BCM flash. I got mine done by LSXtreme as technically Calais bcms can't get it with factory software.
Also requires trans cal flash with tuning software.
Easiest way to tell it should have a purple wire under the steering column shrouds.

chrism1217

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SV6 wagon
Do you really need a "dealer" to program the BCM?
Enquire with LSXtreme in Ballarat or Automotive Lighting Customs in the SE suburbs, they may be able to help you.
I just wanted to thank you for passing on Nathan's contact at Automotive Lighting Customs. He is a trerrific guy and he was able to enable the paddle shifters for $120 - a much better option than what's left of the rotting carcus GMH dealer network.

The new steering wheel feels fantastic to use too! Thanks so much!

paule

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 11 Redline & WN 11 Caprice LS-3
Hi all. I'm looking for anyone (including ex dealers) in Sydney that can enable paddle shift in BCM for 2017 VF & WN? Thank you.

Last edited:

paule

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 11 Redline & WN 11 Caprice LS-3
Hi Everybody. Does anybody know anyone (inc ex dealers) in Sydney that can enable paddle shift in BCM? Thank you.