Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden to build small four-cylinder car

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
is this going to be a replacement for the Astra?

if the thing looks alright, and has a decent performance option similar to the focus's XR5 turbo, it might not be so bad

NO, I think you will find it's the Viva's replacement.

Mick1988

W.A. Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.sarichtechnology.com
Members Ride
Too many to list......
On the Holden site, it says it will most likely replace the Astra.

Other examples of the architecture will include the next generation Chevrolet Cruze and Opel, Vauxhall and Saturn Astra.

The Volt will probably replace the Viva.

I think it will be a real shame if they start putting 4 cylinder engines in Commodores and Falcons. I think it's good that Holden and ford are going to start locally produced 4 cylinder cars to start bringing the jobs back here. But so what if Commodore and Falcon don't sell as much as they used to. There are still plenty of people out there who want to buy the Aussie 6. No need to start making them 4cyl slugs.

I would assume that they will make the option of a 4 or a 6, but that means commodores will be harder to find engine/gearbox parts for.

moff_man

operation HQ under way.
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VR II berlina wagon v6, 72 HQ ute 253
On the Holden site, it says it will most likely replace the Astra.

The Volt will probably replace the Viva.

I think it will be a real shame if they start putting 4 cylinder engines in Commodores and Falcons. I think it's good that Holden and ford are going to start locally produced 4 cylinder cars to start bringing the jobs back here. But so what if Commodore and Falcon don't sell as much as they used to. There are still plenty of people out there who want to buy the Aussie 6. No need to start making them 4cyl slugs.

I would assume that they will make the option of a 4 or a 6, but that means commodores will be harder to find engine/gearbox parts for.

from what i have read commodore will end up with a diesel :(

arlie81

Arlie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-Berlina
they should build the torana in a 4 cylinder standard with an option of v6 and v8,(let the buyer choose), all rear wheel drive.

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
Who cares how it looks - its a four cylinder and four cylinders are weak! :p

Lancer Evos are four cylinder cars, as are WRX's...like to see you take one of those out for a spin and then say "four cylinders is weak!" ;)