Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden to give full refunds over bad ads

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Fekason said:
Now the big question is whether Holden is going to write to the unfortunate 314 and offer them the option of a refund!

Or are they hoping the offer will expire without most/many/some of the 314 becoming aware that it applies to them?

I would be sure they are compelled to do so. If I qualified I'd look to see what the going rate is for whatever I had is now, and then take them up on the offer if I were better off.

Reaper

New2Holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V V6
The more I think about it, it doesn't make sense. So the 314 return their vehicles and receive a full refund of the purchase price. The 314 then ask to buy a new car and the dealer says...Oh, the price has gone up because the "employee price to all Australians" deal has expired.

MrFeelgood

Blown 5.7 inch oops Ltr
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR GTS
Or they could buy their own car back at a secondhand car price... Who wins then ?
Sh!t i've confused myself even.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
MrFeelgood said:
Or they could buy their own car back at a secondhand car price... Who wins then ?
Sh!t i've confused myself even.

Spot on. Ok - I've owned the car for 6 months - get my origional $$$ back and then go buy a 6 month old (whatever) and pocket the difference (around 20% or more IMHO. Sounds like a great deal to me! Hmmmm How do it convince them to give me my money back on a Sep 04 VYII SS with 100,000 km on the clock?

Reaper

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 II Commodore - Chlorophyll
I think that they might mean a refund of the extra discount that the employees got. :unsure: for example if I got the car for say $45,000 and the holden employees were able to get it for $41,000, that would mean that I get a refund of $4000 :unsure:

jvp007

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX2 S
New2Holden said:
The more I think about it, it doesn't make sense. So the 314 return their vehicles and receive a full refund of the purchase price. The 314 then ask to buy a new car and the dealer says...Oh, the price has gone up because the "employee price to all Australians" deal has expired.

I reckon you can probably get a better price now than when the employee pricing deal was going on. With the VE is around the corner and petrol prices are going up .. i reckon you can pick up a new commodore for cheap.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
holdensupporter2005 said:
I think that they might mean a refund of the extra discount that the employees got. :unsure: for example if I got the car for say $45,000 and the holden employees were able to get it for $41,000, that would mean that I get a refund of $4000 :unsure:
yea i think thats what it would be. i highly doubt holden would give people the chance to have a 100% free car...

New2Holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V V6
Troy711 said:
yea i think thats what it would be. i highly doubt holden would give people the chance to have a 100% free car...

No, yuze have to wave ta ta to your car when theys give you the full refund.