Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[NSW] Holden VE SS AERO UNDERBODY KIT

jana87

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VE SS 2010
Hi,

Just wandering if the aero underbody kit is a worthwhile investment. I have a stage one upgrade and I was looking at this one on JHP and seemed worthwhile but thought I'd ask someone who knew more about it than myself?

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
So does your car see circuit work?

Seems like a waste of $$ for something that would only benefit at high speeds eg 150+km/h

This kit will suit all series one VE Commodores, sedan & Sportwagon V6 / V8 models (2006-2010) .

Designed by GM to reduce fuel consumption and air turbulent on the underside of the vehicle by allowing air flow to pass under the vehicle with less resistance, similar to F1 race vehicles.

Also adds extra under body protection to the engine oil pan (sump) and the middle section of your vehicle.

jana87

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VE SS 2010
No dont do circuit work. Thats why I thought I'd ask around.

calais06

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais MY06
I'm thinking of getting this... Not for circuit work or anything related to that, more so if the underside of the car scrapes it hits the plastic and not the underside of the car.

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
So does your car see circuit work?

Seems like a waste of $$ for something that would only benefit at high speeds eg 150+km/h

Most underbody aero helps from 60km/h up. Reduces wind drag as well, Makes for a quiet cruise at 100km/h...