Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden ve sv6 sidi extractors

Phantom

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 SV6 Sportwagon series 2 and a VY exec 2
yes I do have an LLT SIDI 3.6
and it goes like the clappers
I love it
Especially now that it does not burn any more oil
lol

Mattk101

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6 sidi 2010
The LLt does go pretty well. You can check what motor you have in engine bay, there should be a placard on passenger side near windscreen, will say build date and susp, paint code and have the engine type aswell. Should say LLT.

I think the lfx looks different too, saw a pic of one and it had a black plastic cage looking thing over it. Funny looking cant miss it.

Atomic G

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Ute
You have an LLT. The LFX had integrated headers to reduce weight of the entire engine, with the redesigned composite manifold they saved about 9.3kg over the LLT(they also have a slightly larger cam grind and a different ECM, it's a lot easier to tune than the PITA Bosch E69 on the LLT's). If you are going to get headers I would recommend the Hurricane headers, I wish I had gotten them. They have longer primaries than competitors and therefore offer more torque down low, which is what you want on a V6.

With the LFX people are still upgrading the integrated headers, they are grafting larger pipes from the exhaust port to the cats, I have no info on gains from doing that though.

I have the LLT with VCM OTR, Manifold Insulators, Pacemaker extractors, Hurricane high flow cats and hurricane catback exhaust. If you're interested you can see pictures and videos in my thread within the "Show off my ride".

George

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
If you are going to get headers I would recommend the Hurricane headers, I wish I had gotten them. They have longer primaries than competitors and therefore offer more torque down low, which is what you want on a V6.

George

Are the Hurricane ones the items that are listed on their website for the VZ Alloytec or are there specific headers for the LLT? Have you got any data on the torque production difference between the pacies and hurricanes?

Cheers

SV6GUY

Reaction score
Members Ride
MANUAL VE SV6 S2
Are the Hurricane ones the items that are listed on their website for the VZ Alloytec or are there specific headers for the LLT? Have you got any data on the torque production difference between the pacies and hurricanes?

Cheers

the hurricane ones are long tube headers rather then short tube headers like the pacemakers, a quick google search will show you the pros and cons of each style

Sv6 Lover!

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Ve
You have an LLT. The LFX had integrated headers to reduce weight of the entire engine, with the redesigned composite manifold they saved about 9.3kg over the LLT(they also have a slightly larger cam grind and a different ECM, it's a lot easier to tune than the PITA Bosch E69 on the LLT's). If you are going to get headers I would recommend the Hurricane headers, I wish I had gotten them. They have longer primaries than competitors and therefore offer more torque down low, which is what you want on a V6.

With the LFX people are still upgrading the integrated headers, they are grafting larger pipes from the exhaust port to the cats, I have no info on gains from doing that though.

I have the LLT with VCM OTR, Manifold Insulators, Pacemaker extractors, Hurricane high flow cats and hurricane catback exhaust. If you're interested you can see pictures and videos in my thread within the "Show off my ride".

George

So would a 2011 ve sv6 series 2 my12 be able to put extractors on?

Atomic G

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Ute
So would a 2011 ve sv6 series 2 my12 be able to put extractors on?

I think some of the MY12 might be LLTs... Just look under the bonet and check the engine code on the I.D plate, it's silver and near the air box. Will either say LLT or LFX.