Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Volt

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
Most likely a pilot vehicle that they're using for final testing or to demonstrate to dealers.

ncass11

Reaction score
Members Ride
'81 Diesel Hilux / '75 Landrover series 3
Ban!!! The Prius are terrible. Reliable? At 5 years they need new batteries, at a cost of 6k nzd!!! At 10 years needing batteries will write them off.

my mothers 06 prius has about 580.000kms she used to drive it as a taxy, its been smashed about 3 times by other drivers and she paid $4000 and its still going strong
the only thing i hate about it is the blind spots, the A pillar and i have to duck under the rear view mirror

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
tbh. if i wanted to buy an electrical based car.
i would want something like this:
Tesla model S
teslamodelslive_08_opt.jpg

honestly. this might sound silly/strange however.
yesterday at work we were talking about wireless electricity. (go on laugh)
however, you just have to look at the current system of electromagnetic induction (all transformers use it. even those wireless changing pads for phones etc)
even some of the tech now used works on high frequencies. which could also be adapted to wireless elec (however it would have to be tested as it can ptoentially do some serious damage to humans).

if this type of tech was added and you didnt have to "charge it up" conventionelly, then im sure elec cars would take off.
it would imo be much more practical then the whole plug in system they are trying to implement.

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
Ahh, the Tesla....I love absolutely everything about it.....apart from its range. Or lack of.

salute the ute

DRIVING IS A PASSION
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Ute Series II Perfect Blue
Its amazing to see what the future is bring o us. The feeling you get when you watch the advertisement for the vault is amazing. Though if this is what there first electric car is like, imagine what they will be doing when more research is going to be put in. This is only the start of something great and at a price tag that high I wouldn't go there. Better stuff will come this is just showing what they can do to lure people in and soon I reckon they will be bring out newer one that 10 x better then this in looks, power, efficiency and practicality.

BTW I'm not saying its ugly its actually a decent looking car.

Frenzal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR Exec.
Holden could have spent a little extra on designing a front end to incorporate the lion badge rather than just literally slapping it over the chevy one :/ Looks really cheap and tacky.

Holden-Volt-RACV-Energy-Breakthrough-11.jpg

Also the black trim under the windows looks atrocious. Not sure what they were thinking with that... Otherwise it would't be a bad looking small car. Good idea none the less

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
Ahh, the Tesla....I love absolutely everything about it.....apart from its range. Or lack of.

It's actually not that bad - if you pay for the battery with the highest storage capacity at least. But if you think about it, unless you are regularly doing inter city commutes (or live in a rural area) - so most people, most of the time - as long as you can cover the distance you travel in a day comfortably, it doesn't matter. Simply plug it in at the end of each day for a full charge for the next day.

I think they claim it can be charged in 30 min or so if there is a suitable high voltage charge point available so you could, if the infrastructure was present, charge up over lunch on a longer trip.

The Tesla S is very, very close to being an EV that does everything as well as or better than an ICE car. It's just the price that is high atm.

The Volt doesn't seem to be a bad attempt but we'll see. I expect to see a few plugged into urban parking spaces set aside for them, like the MiEVs.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Holden could have spent a little extra on designing a front end to incorporate the lion badge rather than just literally slapping it over the chevy one :/ Looks really cheap and tacky.

Maybe we could start a new thread

Holden Badges on Chevs.