Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Vs Statesman or WH Statesman?

Sambo1974

Reaction score
Members Ride
vq statesman
Hi Guys,

Looking at buying either a VS Statesman on lpg 187,000kms or a WH Statesman series 2 with 148,000kms no Gas, what are everyones thoughts?

Cheers

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
A newer car with less km or an older with more km? What exactly are you having trouble deciding on between the two?

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
If styling doesn’t fuss you, the wh is alright. More powerful v8 if that’s what you want.

But the VS for me every time. The wh lost the sharp clean lines that the earlier statesman’s had - the later wk and wl’s have the more body characteristics of the earlier models imo and I find them so much more appealing than a wh.

If a v6, the vs gets along a little better since it’s lighter. If going the vs, try to find a vs caprice, s2 at minimum. S3 is a much nicer looking car though with the lip kits and fog lights as standard.

Sambo1974

Reaction score
Members Ride
vq statesman
thanks for the replies guys! just having issues which one to go for. The VS is a V8 will cost me around $5600 all up on road, the WH is a 5.7 will cost me around 7K all up on road!

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Wait up. The vs is worth 2-3k MAX. And so is the WH - maybe 3.5k.

Add $1k onto either for a Caprice model.
Or for a vs s3 stato they’re worth around 4K since they have the roller cam engine and a few more extras.

Keep looking if those are the prices you’ve come across.

Sambo1974

Reaction score
Members Ride
vq statesman
Thanks for the replies everyone!
I went and saw a WH Statesman series two 143,000kms very rough car. Mechanically drove well, body was very very poor, needed at least 2k worth of exterior and interior work! Don't believe everything the seller tells you over the phone, always view the car first! The seller was a mature age person 85 year old..