Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden vy v6 fuel rail?

barney91

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Vy Series 2 04
I own vy v6 series 2 04 I can't find the fuel rail can someone perhaps show a pic where it's located?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
https://forums.justcommodores.com.a...rs-cleaning-plenum-chamber-vt-commodore.93638

IMG_6110-VXinletmanifoldandthrottle.jpg

you may have a plastic engine cover to remove before seeing it

philbio

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK + VY Gas Cars
I thought I would add a question to this thread so it would be easier for others to locate if they search about VY fuel rails as there appears to be limited info around.

I have a VY V6 NA ecotec and the return fuel line / hose from the fuel rail has cracked and is leaking, it has a quick connector on one end going back to the fuel tank and the other is permanently attached to the fuel regulator on the fuel rail. The only option appears to be to replace the entire fuel rail assembly at a considerable cost $300+ new from dealership or secondhand (unknown condition of line / hose, who knows how long that would last due to age).

Another consideration I was thinking about was I'm forced to have to replace the fuel rail regardless as the hose on the existing rail cannot be swapped out, so if there is an earlier version of the fuel rail on older model engines that have replaceable hoses I would be better off trying to source one so if one lets go in the future it won't be such a saga. I'm hoping that someone may be able to shed some light on this whole topic and what options (if any) are available. Thanks in advance to anyone with further info.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Bugger that. Cut off the original hose (moulded onto the barbs on the quick connect fitting and FPR) then buy a length of fuel hose and 2 hose clamps, cut to length and fit. Might not look quiet as nice but it does the job.

philbio

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK + VY Gas Cars
LOL, ok I'll have a crack at it, looks like quite a small ID hose will be needed, I'll check it out........$300 bucks for the rail is what the car is worth :)

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore