Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

holes under holden badge on VF boot lid?

warrick

Reaction score
Website
members.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VF 6.0 CALAIS V
i did a search and no result for VF calais only VE. are they the same,with holes, or please,
no holes?
many thanks
warrick

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
according to this eBay listing from a GM dealer the boot badge has 2 lugs in the below image.

eBay listings are a great source for images like this btw.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Genuine-...997661?hash=item27e87971dd:g:878AAOSwbqpT2DZz

69XV5f7.png

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
I know the OP is probably just looking at removing the badge and that is why they need to know if it has pins or not but for those who are after replacements one thing I’ve noticed is there are a huge number of non-genuine rear boot lid Holden badges for sale on ebay and many of the ads say they are genuine.

They are often quoted in the ads as being 95mm in diameter when the genuine badge is actually 98mm.

Or at least the genuine badge on the Utes is 98mm and has been since the introduction of the VE.

The ads for these badges usually say they suit sedan, wagon & Utes.

I know 3mm doesn’t sound much but when you put the OEM badge up against the ebay one you’ll see the difference plus if you are after a Concours finish for your vehicle then they just don’t cut it.

Another thing is the genuine Holden supplied badges have part numbers cast into the back where the copies don't.

These are the photos I took to point out the difference to one seller who tried to make me believed their badges were the real thing.

To their credit after seeing the photos they sent a prepaid post bag along with a new genuine badge so I could return the dodgy one.

An ebay Ute rear Holden badge

The OEM Ute rear Holden badge

The backside of the OEM Ute rear Holden badge

I was fortunate enough to have a collection of badges in my shed that I could use to confirm what the real ones looked like.

The one mpower has linked above is from a Holden Dealership and should be genuine.

Last edited:

warrick

Reaction score
Website
members.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VF 6.0 CALAIS V
helpful info there guys thanks. i'm just wondering if they vary re the holes between models,calais,ss etc.i looked back at a photo of my VE Calais v and it didnt have any holes but googling it said ss ve had holes.can anyone confirm either way.
thanks for everyones input so far.
cheers

BradG

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY14 VF SSV Redline
Can confirm the rear badge is 112mm so heaps bigger than the VE badge. Also all the VF sedans have the same two holes in the boot lid behind the badge.