Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

hookin up a kill switch in vn

vncalais01

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn Calais
hey can any help me wiv hookin up a kill switch. thanks bren

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
find the grey wire that is connected to your gear stick. put a switch on that, or else find the wire for the fuel pump, purple one i think, runs along the right side of your car

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VT s2 Exec, VX Calais II L67
the problem here is that most people are going to recommend things that most other people that are on these forums already know, then some shady character will come on here as a guest and read this thread and see some new ways that people have isntalled kill switches on there cars and use that info for less then legitimate purposes

the best way to fit a kill switch is to interupt a primary circuit in the car that controls one the main fuctions that are required for car to run/drive. things like fuel pump, ignition, starter etc

best to figure out where to do it yourself and then not tell anybody how and where you have fitted your kill switch, especially not in an open forum.

get hold of a wiring diagram for your car and you will soon see something that will work, check out this site if you don't have a gregories car manual Rob's Creative Calibrations , there are wiring diagrams under the "info" section

mac1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx berlina
do you use the purple wire off the ignition switch to put a kill switch on it for a VN commodore. I don't want my son,s car stolen again,also if I make a lock for the gear shift to lock it in first gear that should stop it being started and stole as well or can they get around that as well.

aussieakito

Holden Dealer Master Tech
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Manual VY SS2, 2005 Rolla Sportivo
Lol, look at the date of this thread.
Dont know if its the same as the VT but in my vt it was purple.
Use a multimeter to check.
12V while turning car on is the right wire.
Touch 1 prong on wire, oother on metal part of car while cranking engine.
Find it soon enough :D

ashleysnep

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
355 VN GRP A REP
The purple wire is probably one of the most obvious ones, would suggest another circuit if not multiply circuits.

Mudgy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais V8
I had a Vp, the windows were tinted, so I took the rear demist switch & relay, and used it to cut the fuel pump. If the A/C works, then there's no need for a rear screen demister (helps to prolong tint life too). Obvious switch in the off postion (normal) means no fuel. Turn on the demister, and you got fuel.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I remember when a lot of immobilisors used that switch, you had to turn the demister on to start the car then you can turn it off again.

I have also seen the hazard switch used as well as the high beam dipper switch, you had to flick the high beam to deactivate the imobilisor.

Used to be a trick for the young guys in the workshop when one of these cars came in, they would sit for 10 minutes trying to work out how to start them. Too proud to come and ask for help too.