Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

hooking up 2nd amp

MAS_614

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs executive II
hi i already 2 kicker compvrs in the kicker dual box hooked up 2 a kicker zx750.1 amp using a kicker 4awg wiring kit.. i want to amp my speakers (front and back) which are polk audio 6.5" my mate has offered me his old 4 channel amp from his car i cnt tell yu atm what brand or anything it is but i jus wnt to double check about the wiring..
the power wires i would be best 2 have a 2awg wire from the battery to a distribution block and then 2 4awg wires from the distribution block 1 to each amp with a fuse in between the battery and distribution block?
the ground wires i plan 2 fix 2 seperate grounding points as ive already got 1 amp hooked up and the remote wire i wud jus split at the back off the head unit and run seprate wires 2 each amp and the rcas well im planning 2 get a new headunit wheni do this with 2rca preouts so 2 accomadate the 2 amps.. can someone tell me please is this all sound correct? if not what shud i change.. it sounds right 2 me from what ive learnt but jus wantd 2 check make sure thnks in advance

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
That was hard to read.

Fused 2awg to a distro block will be fine.

One grounding point for both amps will do the job.

For the remote wire, just daisy-chain it from the other amp instead of running a new wire to the head unit.

MAS_614

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs executive II
oh and how far from the fuse or battery wud i put the distribution block.. in the engine bay or in the boot better?

MAS_614

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs executive II
yer ill prob still have 2 grounding points considering the placing off both amps 1 being in the boot and the other under the front passenger seat so yer but thnks

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
oh and how far from the fuse or battery wud i put the distribution block.. in the engine bay or in the boot better?

Fuse should be <20cm from battery, the distro can go in the boot.

MAS_614

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs executive II
I thought that 2 awg power cable pretty hard to come by?

not too sure bout that mate guess ill find out in a couple off weeks but im pretty sure most car audio places would have it hey

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
not too sure bout that mate guess ill find out in a couple off weeks but im pretty sure most car audio places would have it hey

Sounds good. The remote wire doesn't carry a huge current or voltage so can be split. As fo your distributor as said go a fuse near the battery then the distributor itself should have fuses built in to protect the individual components.

Can get any gauge wire you want in a decent car audio place.

MAS_614

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs executive II
yer cheers wraith thats exactly what i was thinking lol

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
yer cheers wraith thats exactly what i was thinking lol

Also don't believe you need to go 0 gauge if you get told that. Way over board for what you want to do. Glad we can help :beer chug: