Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

hooking up 2nd amp

MAS_614

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs executive II
yer i wouldnt think so either lol my subs are hooked up with 4 gauge wires so just 2 gauge is sufficient lol

MAS_614

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs executive II
Also don't believe you need to go 0 gauge if you get told that. Way over board for what you want to do. Glad we can help :beer chug:

i wasnt planning on going 0 gauge but was lookin in jb hi fi yesterday and noticed they dnt

have 2 gauge jus 0 4 and 8 so would it really matter if i use 0 gauge from the battery to the

distro block? that is if i cant get 2gauge from wow which is where ill be getting my gear from

oh and bezz ive decided to move the amp from un der the seat to in the boot with the other

one so with the ground wire i dnt need another distro block there right? i can jus ground

them both at the same point 1 ontop off the other? bu which one is top and which is bottom?

im guessing the higher watt amp wud be on the bottom and the lower on top?

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Won't matter with the ground. It's still metal on metal. Also if you can get the 0 gauge and 0 gauge to 4 gauge distro then you might as well.

MAS_614

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs executive II
Won't matter with the ground. It's still metal on metal. Also if you can get the 0 gauge and 0 gauge to 4 gauge distro then you might as well.

oh ok sweet as i was just reading one day this hot to install 2 amp thing and the guy was saying something bout making sure yu put them the right way round..

yer well if i can get the 2gauge i will but if not ill go the 0 gauge jus checkin if it wud be more reccomended to go with 2 or jus run with 0 but yer thnks

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
oh ok sweet as i was just reading one day this hot to install 2 amp thing and the guy was saying something bout making sure yu put them the right way round..

yer well if i can get the 2gauge i will but if not ill go the 0 gauge jus checkin if it wud be more reccomended to go with 2 or jus run with 0 but yer thnks

0 gauge is huge but so if you can get it through your firewall then at least you know you won't have to worry about exceeding the power cables limits.

MAS_614

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs executive II
didnt want to make a new thread for something as small as what im about to ask so hopefully some1 reads it lol

im looking at getting some computer fans to put facing onto my amps 2 keep them cool in the boot most probably these ones PC/MAC QUIET COMPUTER SYSTEM COOLING CASE FAN 80MM FANS - eBay Case Fans, Fans, Heatsinks, Cooling, Components, Computers. (end time 25-Mar-10 02:13:40 AEDST)
just because there the cheapest and give me the best details and description on the wiring and such.. if i bought these and jus put the red 12v power wires to the remote wire from the amps and the black ground wire to the ground on the amp wud it run well do you think?

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
didnt want to make a new thread for something as small as what im about to ask so hopefully some1 reads it lol

im looking at getting some computer fans to put facing onto my amps 2 keep them cool in the boot most probably these ones PC/MAC QUIET COMPUTER SYSTEM COOLING CASE FAN 80MM FANS - eBay Case Fans, Fans, Heatsinks, Cooling, Components, Computers. (end time 25-Mar-10 02:13:40 AEDST)
just because there the cheapest and give me the best details and description on the wiring and such.. if i bought these and jus put the red 12v power wires to the remote wire from the amps and the black ground wire to the ground on the amp wud it run well do you think?

For 2 bucks just do it.

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged

I would be cautious of loading up the 'REM' wire with fans and such, as mentioned it can only supply a very low current, (only a few hundred mA i beleive) and with the fans drawing approx ~ 0.17A each, you run the risk of overloading it.
However you can install a relay and use the 'REM' wire to trigger it, like so:

fanwiring.jpg

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
I would be cautious of loading up the 'REM' wire with fans and such, as mentioned it can only supply a very low current, (only a few hundred mA i beleive) and with the fans drawing approx ~ 0.17A each, you run the risk of overloading it.
However you can install a relay and use the 'REM' wire to trigger it, like so:

fanwiring.jpg

+1, perfect solution

itchy123

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Calais
0 gauge is huge but so if you can get it through your firewall then at least you know you won't have to worry about exceeding the power cables limits.

behind the brake booster is big oval shaped grommet :smoking:
i got Stinger 0 gauge going to distribution block
(cost me 20 bux from the wreckers with the block lol)