Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hoon Killed after Chase

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
A P-PLATER clocked at 149km/h was struck and killed by another motorist soon after police impounded his car.
The man, believed to be aged in his late teens to early 20s, died in hospital after he was run over near Little River between 7pm and 10.30pm on Thursday.
Earlier in the evening, police pulled the young man over after he was detected travelling at high speed along the Princes Freeway in a green Kia Rio.
Victoria Police spokeswoman Sgt Belinda Bales said officers informed the man that the Rio would be impounded and called a tow truck to remove it from the side of the road.
"Victoria Police intercepted a vehicle travelling at high speed on the Princes Freeway yesterday at 7pm. As a result, Victoria Police informed the man that it would be impounded under the hoon legislation," Sgt Bales said.
"The police offered assistance for the man to get home but this was declined. Police returned to their vehicle to arrange a tow truck and believed the man returned to his vehicle and was sitting inside it."
However, the man had disappeared when the officer returned to speak to him.
His departure from the scene prompted a brief search, which was later called off when he was found further down the road.
"A short time later, when the tow truck arrived, Victoria Police realised that the man was not in the vehicle. As a result, the officer conducted a search of the area but the man could not be located," Sgt Bales said.
"Approximately three-and-a-half hours later and 10km from this interception, the man was involved in a collision with another vehicle. At this time it is not believed there are any suspicious circumstances. The man has unfortunately died in hospital."
The car was towed back to Norlane and impounded. It was handed over to the man's parents yesterday afternoon.
Police have referred the matter to the coroner.
Sgt Bales said it was inappropriate for police to provide any further details about the incident.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I can already see the outcries now, police shouldn't be doing this, police shouldn't be doing that. While it is sad that this guy died, had he not been breaking the law to begin with he would still be alive today.

I certainly am looking forward to seeing the side stories emerge this week.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Cant help bad luck - he got caught speeding, lost his car and did not take care walking on the road.

I feel for the parents at this time. Just so sad.

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
So im guessing that he was walking when he was struck? What about the car that hit him? wasnt a drink driving learner by any chance?
Your right though there will be heaps of stories/posts saying the police shouldnt have let him walking or what not but i'm sure he didn't intend to get hit by a car and neither the police or probably even the other driver could forsee this happening.

Keepleft

Mot Adv-NSW
Reaction score
Was he on 'the freeway' (meaning shoulder/lane et al) when hit?

adam69

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Clubby
No outcry here,was just bad luck.
Sorry Craig but with all due respect do you add comments just to create a flare up with every body?

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
Was he on 'the freeway' (meaning shoulder/lane et al) when hit?

Princes Freeway if the artical is correct. Which means it would be an offence for a pedestrian to be walking along it. Which means the police should have made sure he got off it by means other than walking. But the report indicates that he was sitting in his car and just disappeared so they've covered their tracks there by the looks of it.

149kmh in a Kia Rio? He had a death wish anyway....
Not a very hard thing to do in any modern car. Even my old 1998 Hyundai Excel could exceed that speed, and quite easily.

greekjet

Reaction score
Members Ride
vtbt1
looks like to me that the police are covering up the real story as if the police will let a guy out of there hands dissapear. they made him walk and now are covering there backs like he vanished.

xlr8_87

No longer a commy driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 Prado 4x4
i can't help but think "karma"