Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hoons front page sunday mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Which is my point, you don't think this will work - so what will?

Or are you suggesting we should just let these people keep getting away with killing themselves and more importantly other innocent people, and costing the rest of us money to scrape their brains off the pavement?

Yup, seems to be the solution to drink drivers. Why not bring it out across the board:whistling

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
I quoted from the email reply ;) Email misses nothing :)

I don't stick up for it, i just understand that people who do do burnouts on the street, DONT have anywhere legal to do them. If there was somewhere legal, then they'd have no excuses whatsoever, and then, and only then, would such hoon laws be fair in my eyes.

I could use the same argument as an excuse to murder people (there isn't anywhere for me to legally do it!), but that would be silly now wouldn't it?

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
I could use the same argument as an excuse to murder people (there isn't anywhere for me to legally do it!), but that would be silly now wouldn't it?

Nope, because murder is illegal anywhere. Burnouts are completely legal if not done on public roads :)

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Yup, seems to be the solution to drink drivers. Why not bring it out across the board:whistling

As far as I can see, the problem with drink drivers (and speeding, hooning, and pretty much any form of habitual driving offense) is not the policing of the issue, but rather that when **** hits the fan for the driver, and they get hauled before a court, the judges invariably seem to dish out piss-weak penalties?

I know plenty of people who've been done for drink driving, speeding, driving without a license multiple times, and been to court multiple times for it, and walked away with 6 month suspensions/fines/slaps on the wrist. What a joke!

2001_VXSS

keepin' it real
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina Series II
i agreed with stealthy... the sooner they bring in these laws for P platers the better.. but then again.. how many p platers or fully licenced drivers now have cars that have illegal mods?? **** LOADS!! so what is restrictions going to do.. for one it will make some people follow the new rules, but then you will still have the ones they wont and still will bolt on illegal mods. there are tonnes of cars out there that have illegal mods and the cops have caught them yet..

i think that they should bring in a rule that if you are defected and go to regency for anything and parts are removed or changed.. then get it passed.. i think that they should have to go back to regency every 6-8 weeks to get it checked over and make sure it that it hasnt been changed back.. yes i no some of you guys are saying "i wont care ill just keep changing it evey time i go there".. but how long do you think you will keep this up????

yea i've been in trouble with cops before been to regency and so have so many other guys/girls.. its just something we do as teens.. but for **** SAKE grown a ****ing brain and get over it. yeah do it have your fun but at the right time and place not on a main road or lil side street. do it on a track!!
personally the hoon crashed over the last couple of months didnt really affect me, one because i didnt no them. yes it scared me a lil bit cos it could happen to me but when i got behind the wheel of my car i didnt care. UNTIL i crash my VT one nite.. that scared the SHITS out of me!! i was extremely lucky to come out of that crash...
i no some of you people (mostly guys) wil be like well that wont happen to me.. thats what i thought.. well just actually sit down and think about it.. cos it can happen to anyone.. and after experiencing crashing into a rock enbankment at 100kmph i've realised that i could have been killed or seriously injuried. so just get the message into your heads and think "it could happen to me" and also think about what affect it will have on your families, friends! my parents were so **** scared that they wouldnt let me drive for a week cos they were scared of what could happen. because i crashed at 1pm in the morning.. my parents just about had a heart attack when i rang them and said "i've just crashed my car its ****ed!! im too scared to move! hurry up!!!" how would your parents or a friend feel if you called them saying you just crashed your car or just been in an accident????

i also think that when i driver goes for their P's that they have the test as welll as like a half a day or full day course on what will happen if you are stupid on the roads.. and full course on an accident from the result of speeding and hoon driving.. some will get the message but some wont..

oOSparkyOo

Reaction score
Members Ride
L67 vt series 2 calais
block off roads and use cb radios i seen that on fast and furious /wink

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
As far as I can see, the problem with drink drivers (and speeding, hooning, and pretty much any form of habitual driving offense) is not the policing of the issue, but rather that when **** hits the fan for the driver, and they get hauled before a court, the judges invariably seem to dish out piss-weak penalties?

I know plenty of people who've been done for drink driving, speeding, driving without a license multiple times, and been to court multiple times for it, and walked away with 6 month suspensions/fines/slaps on the wrist. What a joke!

I wouldn't list 'hooning' in the category of punishment not fitting the crime. All the rest you mentioned are piss weak. I could drop the clutch around a corner, and suffer a higher penalty than someone who has driven while drunk 11 times! Not once, not twice, ELEVEN times.

Either way, my opinion is still the same. Some (note, not all) of the people I hear of going on those cruises would love a track, and suggest one was open, they'd use it. Which is why the laws are stupid. IF they had somewhere legal to go, it would leave the people who never had any intentions of doing things legally, and then the law can deal with them :)

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
block off roads and use cb radios i seen that on fast and furious /wink

I think the reporter watched that, those clubs don't 'block off roads'

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
All you need is some money for goverment built club run skid pan, the drag strip to open, the majority of the problem would be gone like it is here where we have both (And I bet we have the lowest rate of hoon fines in the State by faaaaaaar). I totaly agree with Stealthy on the hoon law, if it was a 3 month lockup first offence I would try running too first time and if it was a car crushing situation I would have no option but to run until I crashed the car myself.

However about the track, it took the local club near on 20 years to save up enough money to build a track so it's a long term goal

elemeNtz

It's my first day :3
Reaction score
Members Ride
responsibly
did they just watch some "fast and the furious" on youtube then apply it to a cruise?

surely they wouldn't be able to block off Pt. Wakefield Rd. or whatever road it is without any police interferance

Status
Not open for further replies.