Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hope All 0ur NSW Members Are Safe

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
We have been helping a friend look for a new house. She has a two bedroom unit and was looking for a three bedroom house. A place that would have suited was going at quite a good price. New paint and new carpets. Yes it's in a flood zone, anyway we thought we would go for a drive and have a look for her. The house looked ok but the giveaway was all the vacant houses in the street. I talked to our neighbour who has lived in Ipswich all his life. At first it was not considered liveable because of the flooding. However the developers were able to get the council to agree after the Wivenhoe dam was built. Only problem with that was Wivenhoe had never been the problem in this area, it was the local creek that flooded. So these poor people are left with houses that would cost too much to insure. After the last floods in February someone who had been flooded in another suburb was asked if he was insured. His answer was no as it would cost him $25,000 a year to insure his house. Some people who live in that area still haven't been paid out for the 2011 floods.
The NRMA quoted over $30k a year for insurance for my house, GIO $3k (AAMI etc much the same $3k). Guess which I chose?
$30k buys a lot of carpet and wood flooring.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
The NRMA quoted over $30k a year for insurance for my house, GIO $3k (AAMI etc much the same $3k). Guess which I chose?
$30k buys a lot of carpet and wood flooring.
They need to start buying back houses on the flood plain and never develop there again. They have started doing it here in Queensland and it’s probably about time.

I know the NSW government is just talking about raising the wall of Warragamba and have a party with their developer mates but thats just stupidity.

Wivenhoe dam didn’t save us here in south east Queensland during 2011 or this year despite Wivenhoe being explicitly built for flood mitigation in the first place. Warragamba isn‘t going to save Sydney either and you can take that to the bank.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/q...ed-homes/9214ce1e-cdee-4886-8804-4b2cfc311bf8