Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hot Dog or Resonator? Drone probs VESS

mooks6669

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II MY17 SS Manual
ive got a 2 1/2 inch cat back on my SS sedan and im not happy after going on a 400 km round country trip..drove me nuts!!..brrrrrrrr..drone!!! Now..if i change the hot dogs for a resonator (muffler) in the middle should it help..At 100kmh it is annoying whenever you touch the pedal...can anyone reccomend someone else in melb to see?? pref north suburbs..HELP!! thanks

mooks6669

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II MY17 SS Manual
you mean switching the rear mufflers with a different type of muffler and keeping the same hot dogs?...

mooks6669

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II MY17 SS Manual
switch to a full system with extractors and let the fun begin :D

does it eliminate drone because its a clearer note? see i dont care about loudness its just the boom/drone that does my head in...when i had the same sys on a ute it was fine but now its farked

steve01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS COMMODORE
get in contact with rapid exhaust in wollongong they will help you with a system. I have one on my ve ss it has no drone at all and has a great sound

Ash84

VE Clubsport
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ClubSport
does it eliminate drone because its a clearer note? see i dont care about loudness its just the boom/drone that does my head in...when i had the same sys on a ute it was fine but now its farked

I have heard alot of problems with people who have cat back, I have 1 3/4 Extractors and 3" System all the way through and I have no drone at all on 60.. around a 100 I have a tiny little bit its more I can hear my exhaust rather than true "drone" but its very unnoticeable and with some music on low you cant even notice it :)

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Yeah full system ftw. All systems will tend to have some resonance but my kpm is excellent at 100, hardly even know it's there.

pepstar87

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 SSV M6
Mine drones to the shithouse too, especially on the freeway.

Mine is a full 3" system but mine is cammed also which doesnt help.

Im gonna have a look into what I can do to get rid of the drone. It does my head in too.