Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How accurate is the internet?

yxyx64

Reaction score
Members Ride
Kia turbo + Holden badge, Chev badge in Texas
Wikipeadia has one major flaw, it can be edited by anyone. I wont accept an assignment with wikipedia in it and every HS kid I have taught knows not to try to pull it over me. Turnitin.com is a great resource and tells you if a kid has cut and pasted. Hand it it to me on paper but also send me an email with the assignment in it as well so I can put it through the ringer.

When discussing wikipedia I tell people to ask themselves, do they really think the Pope is infallible? if they answer yes I roll my eyes and tell them to read as much wikipedia as they desire. If they answer no, I tell them to get a variety of resources that are peer reviewed and to compare them to wikipedia. Once they see that even eminent people of their fields of expertise do not agree they see that wikipedia is simply one source of information and one that should never ever be used in an assessable piece of work.

“You’ll miss the best things if you keep your eyes shut.” Dr Seuss.

Aussie V8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC SL/E 308/T350. 1989 FJ75 Toyota Troopcarrier

Aussie V8

Reaction score
Members Ride

yxyx64

Reaction score
Members Ride
that was for you aussie as I doubt anybody else noticed. Remember, if you never did you should, these things are fun and fun is good. Seuss yes...now I must get back to ebay.

Last edited:

yxyx64

Reaction score
Members Ride
"There will be no carbon tax in any government I lead".

I read this on the Internet so maybe this proves the internet is not very accurate............

Aussie V8

Reaction score
Members Ride
You are a tricky boy, editing your prior post like that.

"There will be no carbon tax in any government I lead".

I read this on the Internet so maybe this proves the internet is not very accurate............
That come out of a certain persons mouth let alone be written on the internet. How trustworthy/accurate is the person who said it?