Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How Do I Change Fuel Injectors On A Vl

D

dbombardo

My Front And Back Injectors Are Leaking And Just Wanting To Know If It Is A Hard Job And Is It Costly Or Should I Just Take It To A Mechanic

VLACS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive
well you have to take the big thingo that is above the big sqaure peece on thop of the engine. its the curled sort of bit. then you gotta take out the straight peice that the injectors sit on. and before all that you gotta seal all the tubes you unplug before you take them off the bit. yeh. basic ish i guess if you knwo much about cars. do you think you could handle that?

Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Crapbox
i did mine on the weekend, it will take you an hour to get them out and maybe bit more to get them in, you will get charged double to get someone do them about $180 to clean injectors and $180 R&R them.

To get them off,you split the plenum chamber which is the intake manifold, you will notice 4 bolts right in the middle of it, theres 3 more hiding underneath going up the other way (12mm heads). There 486 hoses to pull off and the air intake tube, other than that, the fuel rail needs to be unbolted and then take out the injectors.
Put masking tape around each hose as you remove it, number it and then write on a pad the corresponding number and where it goes to, otherwise someone whos not sure where the hoses go or how many they unplug is a worry, atleast when you number them u know what order they go back on.

As for the plenum chamber gasket, buy one beforehand, i couldnt get one at 1pm sat arvo so i had to make one (im not telling you how).

PPs, some of my hoses died, i should take photos of the replacements. Because the top ones perished, i used garden hose for the PCV and some clear nylon hose at the back of the rocker cover. Looks individual now!!!!

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Yep, basically all thats been said, and install is reverse of that, just put them in, line them up and bolt it on.

Make sure when you split the plenum, work from the inside out. Same with doing it back up. Pretty easy job though. It probably only took me 45 minutes all up, and that was fitting a boost gauge at the same time.

Paid 200 for injector cleaning with new hoses, tips etc.

Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Crapbox
hey Bex, i started calling at 10am sat to find someone to do my injectors, 10.30 i find a place 2 mins from my house and ive gotten 4 quotes of between $30 and $35 each, i told this guy id pay more if he did them there and then without gettin a quote.

I gave them to him at 11:30, He charged me $20 cach each and gave them back to me at 12:45 but old hoses.

Not bad eh...

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Yeah thats pretty good, mine were what.. 35 each.. 55 if the hoses were buggered, but he did them anyway.

I got them done when I did the vlt conversion, safety first.

Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Crapbox
VLT same injectors? Does the VLT ECU give a different pulse width time?

coolngroovy

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY06 VZ Calais
i found a place in mackay that done them for $15each, with new hoses.Other places were up to $35each.Always replace the hoses when servicing.It's easier than pulling the rail out again later.

AlpineRaven

Reaction score
Bucket said:
hey Bex, i started calling at 10am sat to find someone to do my injectors, 10.30 i find a place 2 mins from my house and ive gotten 4 quotes of between $30 and $35 each, i told this guy id pay more if he did them there and then without gettin a quote.

I gave them to him at 11:30, He charged me $20 cach each and gave them back to me at 12:45 but old hoses.

Not bad eh...

Where did you take them? I need to get my injectors cleaned. Already gone thru injector cleaners from holden, no go I believe it should do better.
Cheers
AP

coolngroovy

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY06 VZ Calais
Dude at slade point in mackay.Des Kerr mechanical services.Very reasonable