Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How do i fix rust in the front and rear windscreens

shanhsv

Luvo
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais V6 & VSII Senator 215i
Any1 got an idea how to fix the rust around the seals of my front and rear windscreens,i want to get it fixed before it gets worse

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
You can buy repo panels through rare spares. Their not that expensice, Im looking at buying these and either paying someone to put them in professionally or possibly get a mate with a mig to put them in.
I personelly would never fix the local spot (the actual rust) because the panel is 24 years old and more rust will just appear, better to replace the whole panel in my opnion.

Or you could just drill the rust out, knock it with converter and bog it up.

shanhsv

Luvo
Reaction score
Members Ride
I'll have to look into it,im not sure they sell roof panels,but i'll look.If not i'll take it to a place that does rust repairs

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
If it's in the roof ur just gonna have to cut out the rust and weld in more plate.....our new R31 has some bad bits in the roof.

DSCF4103640x480.jpg

hodgy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk calais 304
how bad is the rust? I have just finished reparing rust in my rear window area, all I did was pull the window out grind all the loose rust out and treat it with por 15, if you have small hole fill them in with a mig, if you have big holes do as said above.

shanhsv

Luvo
Reaction score
Members Ride
theres no holes and the rust aint that bad but i want to get it done before it gets bad.Its just small crumbles around the windows but if i leave it,it''l get heaps worse in no time