Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How do I get the most out of Holden service?

Exidor

I come in peace.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Used Martian spacecraft
Unfortunatly the problems described above are not limited
to Holden dealers alone.
They all treat customers like idiots and charge like wounded
bulls.
But then they have to. Look how much money they've spent
on their dealerships.

toey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
woahhh thread dig! haha

do holden still do the free wash with every service? they never did a very good job, but about $8 worth of a wash :p wouldnt be suprised if they dont anymore

Yeah, they washed mine when I had it serviced, but not like it mattered, since I have one year's free of car wash anyway. But that reminds me - when I bought the car they said it was a lifetime free car wash. They "forgot" to put the car wash sticker on even though I asked them twice for it, and when I went back for it, they only gave me one which lasts for a year.

Oh, and one more thing. When I went for the free car wash once, I realised a couple of days later that they broke my volume button on the steering wheel, and so I had that fixed at service, not thinking much of it. I mean, how much could a little button cost, eh?

$250.

They said they had to replace the WHOLE thing, they didn't sell the buttons by itself.

I recently got my heater core replaced at holden. They had given me a quote over the phone which was reasonable. After they finished they tried to add an extra $700 to the price, I gave them a piece of my mind then the dropped the price to below the quote I got over the phone.

While I was waiting for my curtsy car there was an old man getting a repair, they told him that its gonna cost him $800 for a new throttle body, $500 for a new rear window wiper motor and $1300 for a new ECU.

There was also a woman with a problem with her fuel system discussing prices with one of the guys. On my way out I noticed she was getting into a VE (there were a lot of VE's recalled for a fuel system problem). I mentioned this to her before I left. 2 days later when I went to pick up my car I saw her again, she came up to me and gave me the tightest hug and said you just saved me 3 grand.

In the space of about an hour I saw 2 people getting screwed over so badly. Holden are scum, I feel so sorry for ppl who dont know sht about cars.

Good on you mate! The world needs more people like you!

Unfortunatly the problems described above are not limited
to Holden dealers alone.
They all treat customers like idiots and charge like wounded
bulls.
But then they have to. Look how much money they've spent
on their dealerships.

It's not just the charging, it's the lying and deception. I am a man of my word, and I expect the same from others. Those who do not honour their words deserve no respect from me.

It is also not a smart way to do business. Now that I know my Holden dealer is like that, will I ever buy a car from them again? Nope.