Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how do i wire 4 inputs on the sub with 2 wires?

Fonzie

Just lost the game.
Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Relax mate, we all had to start somewhere. Just use some extra speaker wire.

surfy31

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss ute
awesome!!! i totally get it now. if you were any closer id buy u a pint! cheers man ill let ya know how they go

Fonzie

Just lost the game.
Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Haha I'll hold you to that if i ever move to perth.
Just to elaborate on some of the math for you; Wiring things in parallel (All positives together, all negatives together) halves the load. Wiring things in series (Negative attached to the following positive, repeat) multiplies the load by the number of drivers (Assuming they're all rated the same). Using the particular compilation of series and parallel wiring that you're doing doubles the load, then halves it, leaving us with the number we started with (2 ohms).
Good luck.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
I don't know if anyone has noticed but in th OP they say "the wire on the right is positive hand the wire on the eft is negative... what to do?". Well see how the right connector has a black ring on it, that means it should be a negative. This won't hurt your sub but it will run in opposite phase.

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
I don't know if anyone has noticed but in th OP they say "the wire on the right is positive hand the wire on the eft is negative... what to do?". Well see how the right connector has a black ring on it, that means it should be a negative. This won't hurt your sub but it will run in opposite phase.

I assume he meant for the unwired voice coil in that pic (assuming thats how the terminal posts are configured)

djs7cc

Dylan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Ex Cop
it depends on the ohms on the amp
u wanna get it checked out to make sure ur not doing anything incorrectly
have a drive down to JB hifi and they can make sure ur doing it right for about 20-30 bucks
have a look at what he says and does and it will help u for future
if u've already done it well done