Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How do kw and rwkw and fwkw work on a dyno

Clutchy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz wagon
Were did you get it done at ? unless you have had the car since new it will be hard to say it is dead stock how many kays it got on the clock ??

ILLUMINOUS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG ute 3.8 s pack
Were did you get it done at ? unless you have had the car since new it will be hard to say it is dead stock how many kays it got on the clock ??
I got it done at hi-tech dyno performance and the guy i bought it off owned it his hole life and he said hes never had anything done to it perfomance wise and the only mod ive done is 2 and 1/4 inch extractors and its done 300,456kms...it actually broke 300,000 on the dyno

VS 666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS acclaim
I got it done at hi-tech dyno performance and the guy i bought it off owned it his hole life and he said hes never had anything done to it perfomance wise and the only mod ive done is 2 and 1/4 inch extractors and its done 300,456kms...it actually broke 300,000 on the dyno

*remembers his vs on the dyno... 240,000... water pump locked up mid flight, sprayed boiling fluid everywhere, extractors were glowing a deep purple... a fun time had by all* how on earth did ur car stand up to it at 300 thou

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
also keep in mind manufacturers don't engine dyno test each individual engine. They get the figures from the original test engine and that's the figure they quote for any car fitted with that engine.

But in reality, individual engine output from factory can vary significantly between one car and another of the very same model, due to the innacuracies of mass manufacture.

True that. I know a dude who had an EF or EL XR6 ute which was a freak. It pulled harder than almost every other Ford 6 on the road at time even though it was stock.

ILLUMINOUS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG ute 3.8 s pack
remembers his vs on the dyno... 240,000... water pump locked up mid flight, sprayed boiling fluid everywhere, extractors were glowing a deep purple... a fun time had by all* how on earth did ur car stand up to it at 300 thou
ahaha maybz because god loves my car or something gay like that....who knows how my engine handles what i give, ive had it valve bouncing that many times i kno exactly how many revs it takes before the valved start dancing...its 5,600 rpm by the way

ILLUMINOUS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG ute 3.8 s pack
ahh well its somethin tht means th revs wont go any higher hahaha thats all i kno and it sounds siik as