Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How do you find the PCD of wheels?

thewheeldeal com au

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
OK, the reason for the two PCDs stamped into the back of the wheel is because the wheel is manufactured blank and is available in two different PCD's and each different PCD changes the load carrying capacity of the wheel...it's saves on having two moulds for the same wheel...they just drill them to different PCDs as required at the factory.

5H x 114.3 690KG - Fits Ford and most Jap stuff.. Load rated to 690kg
5H x 100 520KG - Fits Subaru - Load Rated to 520kg

To measure the PCD on a 5 stud wheel: measure the distance between the centres of 2 ADJACENT holes (thats two holes next to each other) and multiply by 1.7012

This wheel will not fit a Commodore.

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
OK, the reason for the two PCDs stamped into the back of the wheel is because the wheel is manufactured blank and is available in two different PCD's and each different PCD changes the load carrying capacity of the wheel...it's saves on having two moulds for the same wheel...they just drill them to different PCDs as required at the factory.

5H x 114.3 690KG - Fits Ford and most Jap stuff.. Load rated to 690kg
5H x 100 520KG - Fits Subaru - Load Rated to 520kg

To measure the PCD on a 5 stud wheel: measure the distance between the centres of 2 ADJACENT holes (thats two holes next to each other) and multiply by 1.7012

This wheel will not fit a Commodore.

Oh oh that explains a lot, thanks for that.

Only thing is, I bought these wheels brand new for my VS Commodore. Now that I want to sell them, I can't :( Why wouldn't they put 5 x 120 on the wheel (I will measure it tomorrow just to make sure). I even showed a couple of people photos of the wheels on my VS but they say that they are different. I even offered them to come up to my house and let them see that the wheel fits on the car before they buy them.

P1010108.jpg

P1010107.jpg

5920_1166664293614_1438136875_466770_985944_n.jpg

Lesson learned, stick to genuine wheels.

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8

thewheeldeal com au

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
OK, so the wheels may have actually shipped into the country as blanks and RJR (Rodney Jane Racing) have drilled them in a 5x120 PCD here in Australia. It's actually illegal though, because they don't have a load rating stamped for the correct PCD (would probably be 690kg anyway). I would have thought Bob Jane Corporation would have known better....all they needed to do was re-stamp them with the tested load rating for 5x120 once they drilled them ... oh well.

If they were on your VS then they are 5x120...

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
OK, so the wheels may have actually shipped into the country as blanks and RJR (Rodney Jane Racing) have drilled them in a 5x120 PCD here in Australia. It's actually illegal though, because they don't have a load rating stamped for the correct PCD (would probably be 690kg anyway). I would have thought Bob Jane Corporation would have known better....all they needed to do was re-stamp them with the tested load rating for 5x120 once they drilled them ... oh well.

If they were on your VS then they are 5x120...

Ok thanks for your help mate. I also called Bob Jane T-Marts where I bought them from, but they didn't know anything about them. They just said they haven't had those wheels for about 2 years or something. I'll just keep advertising them saying they fit VB to VZ Commodores and hopefully someone will buy them and ill just tell them 5 x 120 but its not stamped into the rim.