Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How do you handle Salespeople & Bible Bashers Knocking on your door

Rhino Racing

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn/vp Speedway Street Sedan
As the name says.... How do you deal with them????
I work shift work and i am amazed at the amount of people that come to your door in the middle of the day and try and preach the good word of the lord etc.
Yesterday i woke up to not just the door bell ringing but constant repeated thumping on the front door.
I flew out of bed thinking something is wrong, only to be greeted by two well dressed ladies in their 40s asking me if i had read Psalm 12 blah blah blah!
I said to them, i work night shift and you just woke me thankyou very much.
Reply " Oh, anyway, the bible states that god will remove all evil from the earth etc etc.:bang:
Me " Great, fantastic" i replied " maybe he will remove you for disturbing me... for i believe you are evil, i just want to sleep".
She flipped out.... i wish i had it on video! PMSL. :pThe other lady was trying to calm her down but she lost it!
Over the years i have done several different things to them....:whistling
Nothing mean/ offensive , mainly funny.....:thumbsup:

Dont get me wrong i believe that everyone is entitled to an opinion and i respect that........ just dont come to my home and try and convert/ extort me during my precious time off.:thumbsup:
Tell me your stories and opinions plese!

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
Yeah that's right mate, people can believe whatever they want to believe but when they start trying to force it onto you it becomes a problem for me. What makes them think that if they force me to join their religion it will make me want to? It just makes me hate it even more. Usually I just question everything they say and point out that it's wrong, like one lady said there will be no death in heaven and lions and human will all live in harmony and eat the plants... I told her that lions cannot live off plants because that is not what they were designed to eat, and they would not be able to digest it. She said in heaven things are different... BULL****. If things can magically change like that in heaven then why isn't it like that on earth.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
I had a elderly couple knock on my door once... i was bored so i thought i would humor them and seem all interested....

I was going good keeping a straight face till the old man farted...

The woman talking paused for a sec and then jst kept on like nothing happened...

I lost it at this point... lol

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I give bible bashers the same respect they give me by knocking on my door at 6am.

Always answer it naked. Yet to see god bothers here for 12 months since I last had to do it.

The moron TXU/Origin Curry munchers that get sent around get a polite **** off :)

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
I give bible bashers the same respect they give me by knocking on my door at 6am.

Always answer it naked. Yet to see god bothers here for 12 months since I last had to do it.

The moron TXU/Origin Curry munchers that get sent around get a polite **** off :)

haha thats gold

aZk.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I had a couple of Mormons knock on my door a few years ago. Had them there for an hour debating their book against the Bible. In the end they knew they were fighting a losing battle and left.

JW's now have children door knocking. I made one girl cry, I think she was about 12 or 13, I said she obviously knew that according to them, God will only let 144 000 into heaven to be with him, and by now, wouldn't you think it was full? No amount of deeds will get her into heaven so she may as well sin like the rest of us.

scrabet

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore executive
i got one a couple weekends ago and beacause my house bedrooms have doors to the outside its kinda hard to find the main door anyway they nocked on my door while i was inbed after work and ithough it was one of my little brothers so i ignored it but it didnt stop so i got up and open it and asked what they wanted and also leted them know that they woke me up and the guy said oh sory then continued talking, lucky for me the phone rang so i said i would be back to listen when i finish the call lol i they stood their for abotu 10 min

Rhino Racing

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn/vp Speedway Street Sedan
About 2 years ago i had a couple come into my shed in my backyard where i was welding... to me that was just straight out trespassing.
I had to think very rationally..... i had 2 choices
1) Open up the side door to shed and letthe two big german shepherds in for lunch!:undead:
2) Tell him i was busy , but would listen if he gave me a hand.;)
I chose option 2)
So they both start the whole charade and I listened intently, then I asked him to hold a piece of pipe while i welded it in place.
I ran a weld about 3 inches long while he held it.... he was watching the weld arc the whole time. (I didnt know this, poor bugger)
He yelled out that his eyes were sore and everything had gone dark when i stopped welding..... His wife ran over to help him beacuse he was staggering around.
I remember the sight of them walking back down the driveway feeling sorry for him, but had to chuckle to myself thinking.... now my brother YOU HAVE REALLY SEEN THE LIGHT!!!

blueholden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN
back in Sydney i had 2 come into my yard while i was working on my VH they were young and made a few coments about my car. I could see that they were looking at me they envied my "normal" life. So i turned the conversation and started telling them that they to could have a nice car if they gave up their church.

Then i invited them inside and offerd them a cone you should have seen them they nearly ran from from house and never came back.

these days thoe my mrs got caught the other week by some Johova's Witnesses and being a nurse she asked them about their no transfusion policy. Now they come back every thursday leaving her dvd's and reading material on bloodless hospitals.