Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How do you relieve work stress?

spauldj308

S Pack Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S sedan 5L, VSII ute
I go home, go out in the bush, and ahnihillate something with a blunt axe-mostly trees. Great stress releiver.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
LOL I would like to share a definition I heard recently...

New term to use at work "seagull manager"

Definition - a manager who flies in, makes a lot of noise, craps on everything, then leaves.

we just got one of those at work about 3 months ago. he's always around when things go wrong but never seen when things go right etc. i do shift work so constantly have diferent people with me and i've come to the conclusion that most ofthem don't know what they are doing. constanly re-doing others work to make machines run properly which makes my shift average qty's/speeds look bad or i set it up and the following shift has a great run and they claim it as there work etc. whats worse is when we mention the fact that others aren't doing as they should the manager says "have you spoken to them and shown them how it should be done" like i'm the manager right! i'm one of those internal stress guys, nobody knows how i reallt feel etc. i normally head down to the workshop and let rip down there with the engineers/ sparkies etc who i use to work with as they know whats going on etc and i can say what i like down there. then there is the smoky pulling outa the driveway at work and spirited driving on the way home. i recon the drive to and from work is still the best part of the work day!!!

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
with me stressing, i stress about family and friends but then when it comes to people i hardly know then i really dont give a **** haha.... and my 3 ways of dealing with stress are
-talking to my best mate (she's the best listener, always need that someone willing to listen:D)
-going out with mates
-and going for a drive (usually a little hard on the accelerator:D)

there my simple ways and they work:D but i dont stress that much anyway so yeah lucky me:D:D:D:D

Weissen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8
Driving my V8 with the window down does it for me. Just love that sound, makes me feel good.:driving:

Sometimes a glass of wine or a Wild Turkey straight up on ice works wonders too.:drink:

And other times I just go out the back with my .22 (I live out in the sticks) and a packet of rounds and shoot rocks and things from the back doorstep.:shooting:

All these take my mind well away from work.:thumbsup:

Jeez just re-read that. Haha
Makes me look like an gun totin, aloholic, gas guzzling V8 driving maniac. Far from the truth, although PC was never one of my stronger points.

Tree cutter

Tree cutter
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais SuperchargedV6
I normally go for a ride on my motorbike. You normally have to be that focused on keeping out of the way of idiot drivers that aren't watching where they are going , so you forget about everything else that was bothering you.
Another release for me is playing Grand Theft Auto on the Playstation, i just load up with a heap of weapons then walk down the street and kick the **** out of someone and shoot anyone that tries to stop me:ranting:

Blue-VZSSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Sedan
I normally go for a ride on my motorbike. You normally have to be that focused on keeping out of the way of idiot drivers that aren't watching where they are going , so you forget about everything else that was bothering you.
:

I hear you there, love going for ride on the bike as well and I think the ZZR1200 likes it too:yeah:

SICK SS

7L 427ci BABY
Reaction score
Members Ride
427 ci vu ss a4 ve ssv a6
stress whats that lol i work for a very big australian mining company no one gives a **** we just turn up do our thing and go home dont even need to think we leave our brain at home lol but to beat the boredom i go jetsking drinking or cruising on my days off

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I hear ya.

Over worked and under paid.

If only people were paid what there worth, alot of people would be getting alot more (for having to deal with stress) and alot of management types would be getting alot less

19/20 times i hear this the employee is usually wrong. So many times ive had staff come to me saying how hard they work for such little money. When we actually monitor their work it is almost laughable.

LOL I would like to share a definition I heard recently...

New term to use at work "seagull manager"

Definition - a manager who flies in, makes a lot of noise, craps on everything, then leaves.

people always underestimate managers, i know where i am we are always the last to leave and always the first there, you never see our management meetings we have that deal with **** fights that lower employees generally cause. On average i do around 60 hours per week, compared to my staff who do their 38 and go home. Not one of them would i say deserve the money i am on. people think they are worth more than they are, all i have to say to these people is prove it.

Anyway sorry for ranting.

Doubleshadow

Too much is not enuff!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
Stress is not caused by.....

If you take a moment you would realize that stress is not caused by other people. It is caused by the way we perceive a situation. Heck, some people get highly stressed because someone passes gas on a crowded train. Sure it smells, but what can you going to do about it? Absolutely nothing. So, you might as well change your attitude and move on.

When someone else stresses you, it is because you let them pull your strings. And I am not talking about supressing your anger, cause that is twice as bad. If someone is standing on your toes, and you ask them to step off and they don't, push them off. That solves the immediacy of the problem. If they wish to take it further deal with it. Don't hold a grudge. That is food for stress. Next time they step on your toes, beat their ass with a metal bat, then crack some jokes and have a crown larger with them. Anger at someone shows they have power over you. Besides, apathy is the greatest disdain. It is called backbone with character. I don't hate you even after I have whipped your ass!

Recognize your weaknesses. We may not like Bin Laden, for instance. But there probably isnt a damn thing we can do about it. Don't sweat the small stuff. Just cause your neighbor don't always brush his teeth, doesn't mean you have to be stressed about it.

A lil stress is fine, it gives us motivation and purpose and it is where we learn our greatest lessons. Didnt you know, sex is one of the sweetest stresses :), and I am sure none of us would be willing to give it up :). But maybe we can learn to deal with our attitudes a little more. Getting mad at the hoon who is driving crazy on the highway doesnt change a thing. Maybe you can run his ass off the road :). Know your limitation, change what you can, and realize what you can't change (paraphrased from the Desiderata). If you can decide to be stressed, why not decide not to be. I'll be damned if I live my live simply as a reaction to others.

KingDiamond

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
disrespectful bastards. ide just make up a smart ass comment after you load up your next lot of pallets, or tell them to go do it and then not to have a 5 min sit down after that

I told them I don't like the group of girls getting together and talking, bitching and running everyone down all day instead of work.. They all got so pissy.

I had an argument with the main evil one, and she went home with tears in her eyes... :cry:

And earlier she was doing little tear drop hand movements down her face trying to suggest I was having a cry...

Oh the irony lol. :w00t: