Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How high is petrol expected to rise

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Captiva (Work Demo)
Im lucky, my car has been sitting at the smash reparis the past week while prices are high, im hoping prices drop beofre i get it back. But its not looking good :(

Drager

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calis
my friends at uni work at petrol stations they tell me that some times when u go and fill premium unleaded for your car your actually filling up normal un leaded which i think is wrong but then again i only fill at the major ones even though i go to uni and i am not very rich. i reckon what those people are doing is wrong just so they get business and looks affordable. and do not fill at places that u don’t know too well stick to the major brands that’s what I say once i saw on a TV documentary what petrol store owners do to fuel to make it cheaper mix chrysene oil, mix metho and stuff therefore i only fill at major stores and premium unleaded nothing but the best for my car lol

Secki

Reaction score
Website
www.australianlawenforcement.com.au
Members Ride
VH Wagon SLX 253
they reckons theres enough oil reserves for another 50 or 60 years, and thats not including the untapped reserves they have not yet discovered and tapped. theres around 4 or 5 times more natural gas left in the world than oil at the moment, and thats also not including the undiscovered supplies of gas. so at least we will have plenty of petrol in our lifetimes! whether it be $2 a litre or not lol........

jetspin_vn

JetSpin Racing Team
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN GTS
Thats true. It's actually just a big greenie scam to try and get us all riding bikes and being vegans.

No seriously!! I read it in Investigate magazine a few months back. Bloody greenies. :b:

clixanup

Has Left
Reaction score
greenfoam said:
Yep, more than half the oil reserves have been official burned as of a few months ago?

That's bulldust. There are untapped reserves off north WA which could keep the world running at its current rate for another 300 years.

Oil companies are just stringing it out. They "warehouse" it to increase demand and lift the price accordingly. Just like DeBeers did with diamonds in the 20th century.

R

rattattack1313

yea..I agree totally with clixanup...my dad worked for Exxon for over 30 years....and I know that a "few" wells were capped as" empty....not enough in there to worry about.."....... but years later, there is "suddenly" salvagable oil and gas in them.... :yeah:

VTSSDUDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L Commodore.
Australia has more oil then overseas, it's all just capped off not in use. Like said, the oil Australia has if we just used it for our country only it would definetly last us 300 years of more.
It's all a big scam to either get money out of us or the Greenies who live in houses with TVs, electric heaters and drive around in cars themselves can have their own way.
I think seriously we are a long way off running out of crude oil, that goes for trees and forests as well. The greenies need to wake up to themselves and stop panicing and get on with their lives.

Cheers,
Jim :cool:

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
50 years sounds about right, half the known oil is gone and there's been no new big oil fields found for years now, the tech for finding it is so good it's not expected to really find much more, there is heaps of gas left but it's hard to transport

hindred

PUP
Reaction score
Members Ride
Green VY S
I've been getting petrol for 95c (per litre) over the last couple of weeks.

For those in Brisbane - there is a couple of servo's on Deception Bay Rd that are consistently in the 90's, usually 95.

R

rattattack1313

cheers fer that , mate..be over there 2moro..fill her up.....looks like not being much around soon....... :unsure: .....