Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How Long does the Elizabeth plant take to manufacture a single VF from start to finish?

VL Executive

VY SS Ute - Just got 1!
Reaction score
Members Ride
3 VL's, VK EFi, VX S, VY SS Ute, VF SSVR Ute
Hi all, With the start of my Ute build getting closer (5th July) Was just wondering approximately how long it takes for a VF Commodore to be made. From the very beginning, to the very end. And driven off line and out of the factory.

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
A few of my shop guys just did a factory tour, suggested by staff there approx. 6 hours of labour stamped from sheet steel to driving off the line.

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
A few of my shop guys just did a factory tour, suggested by staff there approx. 6 hours of labour stamped from sheet steel to driving off the line.
... doubtful 6 hours
the paint process alone takes around 2 1/2 hrs by itself (from body proofing thru actual painting, drying and then inspection)

the original VB Commodore used to spend 37-40 hours 'on line' .. from assembly of the panels into a jig for welding
thru to driving it out into the paddock for storage . The base 6 cyclinder L model obviously taking less time than the SL/E

W375 redline

Reaction score
Members Ride
W375 s2 redline
Hi there : smitty is right with the duration of the painting process : its at least 3 hours and i should know as i work in the paint plant : from start to finish is at least 2 to 3 days n thats as long as everything runs smoothly : hope this answers your question ☺

Brisbarnz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vh sle
There's a vid on utube (VE). From sheet steel to delivery. Will have all the info required

VL Executive

VY SS Ute - Just got 1!
Reaction score
Members Ride
3 VL's, VK EFi, VX S, VY SS Ute, VF SSVR Ute
Thanks fellas, Thought it would be around 3 or more days