Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How low did you go?

joeyoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Ute
For everyone who's lowered their VF, paticularly those with 20' rims, how much did you lower the car by the get a good look? And do you have any issues with how low it is? Just want to get an idea of how much lower I'll need to go

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Issues with rim fitment will largely depend on the width and offset of the wheel, also tyre sizes depending on how aggressive the fitment is.

RedLineMike

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SSV Redline
Hey Joey, Have a look at my gallery, Mine has a Pedder's 30mm lowering springs in it, Find them sweet, Will touch headers on certain things if you are not aware and don't crawl it.

joeyoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Ute
Issues with rim fitment will largely depend on the width and offset of the wheel, also tyre sizes depending on how aggressive the fitment is.

So basically going into the place with them on and having a talk is the best way to go?

Hey Joey, Have a look at my gallery, Mine has a Pedder's 30mm lowering springs in it, Find them sweet, Will touch headers on certain things if you are not aware and don't crawl it.

I've been thinking 30mm is about right, will ask about them when I go in, thanks

VPV6BT1

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 vs v6 manual ute
I have fitted 20mm lowered pedders spring to my ssv wagon with 20's and honestly wouldnt go any lower it still touches on certain things. I can post measurements if that would help.

joeyoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Ute
I have fitted 20mm lowered pedders spring to my ssv wagon with 20's and honestly wouldnt go any lower it still touches on certain things. I can post measurements if that would help.

Thatd be good if you could, really the only one I'm concerned about is the front bumper because of my driveway and the terrible gutters around here

Sawndz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
This is mine lowered on Eibach Pro springs (Drop 30mm I believe) and Bilstein Shocks. I have no clearance problems and retains a great ride quality.

Attachments

• 226.jpg
    226.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 1,908

splcrazy

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV GEN-F VF CLUBSPORT SV 340
This is mine lowered on Eibach Pro springs (Drop 30mm I believe) and Bilstein Shocks. I have no clearance problems and retains a great ride quality.

back looks more low than the front ?

VPV6BT1

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 vs v6 manual ute
I will post measurements of mine in the morning from bottom of the rim to gaurd