Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How manly are you?

EvoVIIIJDM

Got Evo?
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Evo VIII JDM
Pfft, I used to back the trailer down a narrow boatramp with a dog-leg in it in one go no marshalling, then load the boat without using the winch, get the chain on the front and pull it out of the water WITHOUT getting my feet wet.

I am all that is man.

They build them tough in NZ.............

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
Pfft, I used to back the trailer down a narrow boatramp with a dog-leg in it in one go no marshalling, then load the boat without using the winch, get the chain on the front and pull it out of the water WITHOUT getting my feet wet.

I am all that is man.

lol. I think that makes you less man going to all that trouble to not get wet :D

jetspin_vn

JetSpin Racing Team
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN GTS
lol. I think that makes you less man going to all that trouble to not get wet :D

I never looked at it from that angle, look at you eh thinking outside the square.

Then again, you go for a swim in the Waikato in mid winter and see how much you like getting wet. It was about 3 degrees out of the water most days!

And besides, I was enjoying being clever with the jetboat. Driving onto the trailer, setting the throttle to hold it there whilst i scurried up the 3/4 deck to hook it to the trailer. Ahh good times those.

Jetboats are awesome. All other boats are s**t.

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
ha ha. Yea just thinking outside the square. But i did the same thing when me and dad used to go fishing. I'd drive the boat up to the pontoon so dad could get out and back the trailer down, then i would drive the boat onto the trailer and hook it up.

Only reason I was never the one backing the trailer down the ramp was because i was 15 or 16 at the time lol

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
Boat ramps are usually the easiest to get into. You pretty much go straight with very few corrections.

Driveways are much harder. Especially on a decline, where you can't see the trailer.

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
Boat ramps are usually the easiest to get into. You pretty much go straight with very few corrections.

Driveways are much harder. Especially on a decline, where you can't see the trailer.

Boat ramps have declines and at one boat ramp me and dad went to you have to pull off a 180* mctwist backflip to get down the ramp. It was such a ****ty design