Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How many cars is this thing made out of?

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
Last edited:

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
I cannot see alot of issues with it

Yes it only has the 253, but, still a nice "looking" old V8 for a cruiser, the condition is unknown, but the engine and engine bay looks great

Not alot of emissions requirements for a 1979 car, maybe a canister, but that's a simple and relatively cheap fix if required

Steering wheel looks looks like a cheapy, but it looks fine legality wise for 1979

The front seats look they need a steam clean, and it looks like a SLE interior maybe, and good for its age

I cannot see any real issues from the pictures

Is it worth the money, it may well be if your looking for a nice clean original Commodore to put in your garage

In saying this, without a good mechanical inspection and damage report it's anyone's guess, but, if it isn't rusty or has hidden major issues it might be a good buy for someone

I had a VB SLE 4.2 auto back in the early 80's, if I didn't have the VX SS and was looking for a clean old example to relive my younger years I would ask for a video of the car running, then possibly jump in a plane and have a look at it for sure

For me, just looking at the pics, the worse part of the car is the crap tyres, and the issue I may have getting the rubbers for the front bumper

I honestly don't understand the hate

sire01TMK

Reaction score
Members Ride
84 VK 308
The only thing I can see wrong with the emissions is that the pcv which is on the driver side rocker cover which should be in the passenger side. My understanding is that air is sucked in through a hose connected to the base of the air filter then in through the driver side rocker cover which goes into the crankcase then is sucked back up through the passenger side rocker cover via the pcv then through a hose to base of carby to be sent out the exhaust. That is the only emissions problem I can see, even the charcoal canister looks hooked up correctly to me.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
It is not too bad going by pics but would not buy without personally inspecting car as certain things can be major trap with early girls ...can see a couple of things would need to be changed to be nicer to drive.

As for value probably closer to 15k private sale 20k max from car yard but cant really tell value as cant read tags or see if hard to get v8 bits are on car tbh.