Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How many K's has your car done?

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
21-2012-mazda3-skyactiv-review-300x199.jpg

Put one of these on your car Sabby. Itll make it all better.

Haha doubt it, see no matter how the underlying technology approach is badged / labeled (SkyActiv is closer to describing my scheduled mods than V-Tec, Yo!) the combustion principles adopted in SkyActiv-G and SkyActive-D are five or six decades more advanced than the old oil burners that haunt me on the highways and back roads.
The latest SkyActiv actually takes high compression further and employs HCCI, which basically blurs the lines defining Spark Ignition and Diesel. Those under-stressed, low comp stinkers may run forever but in terms of emissions their days are numbered.

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
Yay I want to play as well! 145,000K's on mine, 100% more power than stock, had 20+psi down it's throat for the last 80,000k's hasn't missed a beat.

145ks. Only 35ks on my F6. But I do you two cars. 420rwkw and similar boost to you. Yep I have doubled stock power. Beaten hard everytime I drive it and all good so far. Barra 6s are tough engines.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Haha doubt it, see no matter how the underlying technology approach is badged / labeled (SkyActiv is closer to describing my scheduled mods than V-Tec, Yo!) the combustion principles adopted in SkyActiv-G and SkyActive-D are five or six decades more advanced than the old oil burners that haunt me on the highways and back roads.
The latest SkyActiv actually takes high compression further and employs HCCI, which basically blurs the lines defining Spark Ignition and Diesel. Those under-stressed, low comp stinkers may run forever but in terms of emissions their days are numbered.
47bc28bdff9a89a700d39a515b1c4abf90ad0e3fb2e4eed402f310f3b2ef5127.jpg

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Ticked Over 280k Still going (for now)

macca234

Reaction score
Members Ride
'06 VZ SS 6L
Due to all the diesel speculation/hate.... just thought I would share this

My work truck is a 92 Mack MLR with a 12L inline 6 (EM7-300) intercooled turbo, almost on 2.3 million K's and the engine has honestly never missed a beat. Pulls 45t all day without complaining

They don't make them like that anymore (with plumes of black smoke and ridiculously loud engine brake)