Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how many K's u got?

Sabby

MSABBY
Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS FIFTY
wow 4,000,000 thats liek to the moon and back haha

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition

unrool_VL

Reaction score
Website
www.vlcalais.com.au
Members Ride
1988 VL commodore
Got mine off my grandparents two years ago with genuine 47,000K's. They only went to the shops on the weekends. I've just gone past 58,000.

Flak

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais
Mines pushing 400,000 and still goin strong. Picked it up from a mate when it had 370,000. Stacked it 2 days ago though. Just after i spent $1000 restoring the front end after it was stolen. ouch....

as for theoretically RIP @ 400,000...i rekn thats a load of crap (at least i hope it is, or that means mine is goin to pack it up any day now). I've seen a couple with nearly 800,000!

Shane1989

Reaction score
Members Ride
1987 VL SL
Hey Flak, you wouldent happen to play Medal of Honour Allied Assualt would you? Can't wait for my B-day to come around, the rents are gonna have my car resprayed!!! I don't think the RB30 would be RIP at 400,000. No motor has a service life that short in a car. unless its been beaten on its whole life...:thumbsup:

Flak

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais
omg i'm so jelous man. I'd love a respray...mines the old gold color. but fully faded and just looks crap now. I've been wanting to modify it to some extent for aggges...but the parents and family are always talkin me out of it. Gives me the Sh#ts. Always given me the guilt trip about not wasting my money etc. They are right. But i don't have a girl. Its just my car and my dogs.

I just console myself with the fact that as soon as i'm finshed uni i'm goin to own a 5.7litre stato (drooling)

haha yer i used to play medal of honour....been along time tho. I'd say someone uses the name. Its pretty common in the 'war game' world

Last edited:

Shane1989

Reaction score
Members Ride
1987 VL SL
My paint was really faded as most are here in Alice Springs. I used the Kitten cut compound and the kitten polish. Came out like a new paint job almost. Other then all the little trolly dings and cracks. Mind you I spent about 5 hours on the car. taking my time using to cans of cut compound...

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
251,XXX and I flog it every day and it never misses a beat but I regularly maintain it so thats to be expected. I got the car with 221,XXX